Author Topic: Symba Trike  (Read 1789 times)

SymbaWal

• View Profile
Symba Trike
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »
Has anyone ever seen a Symba Trike before? I saw a Honda Supercub trike on Google Images, and it looked pretty great. I wonder how well it rides.

Is the trike conversion even possible for a Symba? (Don't they sell "trike kits" for certain bikes?)

Just curious!
'10 SYM Symba (light blue)
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX
'77 Garelli SuperSport XL
'72 Honda N600 (the car; 2 cyl. 598cc air-cooled)
(former bikes: '73 Honda CT90, '91 Honda CT70)

campurvis

• www.scooterseals.com
    • View Profile
    • www.scooterseals.com
Re: Symba Trike
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10:50 PM »
Yes, I saw a Symba trike yesterday.  Most of the ones you see (truck  style) used to be mated with 20+ year old two- stroke 125cc Kawasakis, but a lot of those motors are getting completely worn out now, so the trike portion of the assembly is often cut off and moved to newer replacement vehicles. They are not pretty, do not handle well, and are generally only used by recyclers and scrappers who cruise around at low speeds looking for stuff they can resell.  (To get rid of cardboard, plastic, metal or used cooking oil, I just put it outside my front door in the evening and it’s gone by morning).  They are the cheapest form of mechanized, local freight transportation on the planet by a mile. 

If a person has fabricating skills they could probably fabricate a decent handling one without too much difficulty—or, if carrying capacity werent an issue,  they could pick up one of the training wheel style kits that handicapped people often use here to make their scooters more stable.  They are much better looking.  I even saw a Symba like that a while back. 

If the intent is cheap, functional  transportation, it will definitely work.  If the intent  is a great looking custom bike, costs will soar skyward at every step of the project and the final result, although probably beautiful, might well be the most expensive Symba on the planet.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:28:37 PM by campurvis »
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

SymbaWal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
I have never rode a trike before, but I have heard that they can have weird handling characteristics.  I saw a moped trike once, and the chain was driving only one rear wheel with no differential.
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX

Retro Moto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »
Not sure about this... ::)

RASCAL??!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:51:41 PM by dliss62 »
2015 Symba

SymbaWal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »
Is that a standard production item? Looks like it has Symba parts, but is it modified in the aftermarket?
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX

Retro Moto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »
your guess as good as mine...got pic off the net when googled symba trike. I've never seen one.
2015 Symba

motomataya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »
The rear appears so narrow. Scary. Wonder if its any good or just more junk from China.

SymbaWal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »
The rear appears so narrow. Scary. Wonder if its any good or just more junk from China.

Yeah, the problem can be discerning the good stuff from the bad stuff. I've seen some knock-offs from a variety of unknown/unproven brands and they didn't look all that polished.
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()