Author Topic: REAR brake switch failed, front starting now!  (Read 1471 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
REAR brake switch failed, front starting now!
« on: September 28, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
Noticed the rear brake lever has slowly been getting worse, as in it wont allways allow me to start the bike from that lever. Also, the rear brake light would not work sometimes. Now it totally failed. Turns out there is a contact relay for each side (screwed to the underside of the master cylinder) and the rear one is dead. I pulled it apart (like a dummy!) and the tiny spring is worn out. I have our parts guru on the case to see if that IS a seperate part (EastParts has it listed as 14-2) and if I can order BOTH sides-as now the front brake is starting the same syptoms! Put a toggle jumper on the rear switch wires (tucked in the lever hole) for now so I can at least start it if the front fails! 

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
Re: REAR brake switch failed, front starting now!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »
Just remember to squeeze both levers when stopping
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »
HA ha! It wont start from the rear lever (or brake light), and now the front is starting the same nonsense! Will rig it if you cant get the part (sent you a PM) and sell or donate the CityCom. Kinda getting tired of having the "weird bike". Look into it and see what you can do. I also need a few other things-but they can wait as Im not going to fix anything else until I know this stupid issue can be fixed. Dont want to rig it, would rather fix it with the correct parts. Dont want to junk it yet, but not keeping it with rigged parts. Please look into it for me! Thanks.

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
Yea those little switches are easy to replace - $15 ea. I have a bunch.
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
You mean I have been trying to rebuild that tiny switch assembly, and you have a stash of them for $15(ish) each! Bless you for saving my sanity! PM me your number again so I can call you and order them and the other stuff I need (need to make a list in the meantime). Thanks again Ott for coming thru!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()