Author Topic: Citycom turning radius?  (Read 1260 times)

Thoppa

• View Profile
Citycom turning radius?
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:59 AM »
Hello all,

I'm thinking about getting a Citycom and would like to know the turning radius?  I know the 300 GTS is 2.5m from the manual, but the Citycom manual doesn't say.

The other scoot I'm looking at is a Kymco People and that is 2.2m - can the Citycom do this?

Thanks!

Tom

EDIT : I bought one. The turning circle is 4.25m, so turning radius is just over 2.1 metres. That's pretty nimble - a Honda PCX150 is 2.0m.

First impressions. Comfy, very comfy. Power is adequate. Storage is awesome. I miss a clutch for pulling out of junctions. Front brake is very disappointing - glazed pads? She's only had one owner who did just 4,000kms in 4 years. There's a bit of minor rust - already fixed that with Jenolite and Hammerite. Chassis flex is something I'm gonna have to get used to I suppose, and combined with the light front end, the handling is "entertaining". But the comfort, wow. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:16:29 PM by thoppa »
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Thoppa

• View Profile
Re: Citycom turning radius?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
It seems the new GTS 300i with a 278cc engine (LN30W1) has a turning radius of 2.6m according to the manual I found here : (it's in Chinese unfortunately but page 38 has "the minimum turning radius" or "最小迴轉半徑")

http://tw.sym-global.com/motorcycle/updata/downloads/68_LN30A_L3D_20201302.pdf

Despite many searches and finding a manual in English, I still can't find the Citycom's turning radius. I emailed SYM in Taiwan too but no reply.

Can anyone with a Citycom and a 3m tape measure check for me ? It's easy to do - just point the scooter straight out (perpendicular) from the kerb and do a 180 turn on full lock until the scoot comes back to the kerb. Measure the distance along the kerb and that'll do it.

Many thanks to the kind soul who'll put me out of my misery...

Tom
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Thoppa

• View Profile
Re: Citycom turning radius?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 01:36:00 AM »
I found a Greek site called Scooternet who did a full test and say the radius is 2.3m, which sounds about right.
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()