Author Topic: Tyres for Citycom  (Read 6355 times)

shoupdawg

• View Profile
Re: Tyres for Citycom
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the Kenda K761? It's a 6 ply bias tire that  costs less than the Michelins and the Metzelers, and it always seems to get good reviews. So I was wondering if anyone has tried them on the CityCom.

Saw those...don't know why I didn't go for them.  I think maybe I got a better deal on another rear tire.  My front may need to be changed soon, so we'll see.

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »
It doesn't bother me to use a cheaper tire on the rear but I always use the best I can get for the front, especially in the wet. If the rear slips around a bit it's not a biggie. When the front starts sliding........
I like Michelin Citygrip on the front. I put topline Michelin on the front of all my bikes.

I vividly recall the lastime I had a front wheel let go in the wet. I thought the cheap crap stock tires that came on the bike would be ok if I took it easy. I really enjoyed the crutches, cast and buying expensive new riding boots:(

tribal123

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 01:36:59 AM »
It doesn't bother me to use a cheaper tire on the rear but I always use the best I can get for the front, especially in the wet. If the rear slips around a bit it's not a biggie. When the front starts sliding........
I like Michelin Citygrip on the front. I put topline Michelin on the front of all my bikes.

Mounted yesterday the Michelin City Grip at the front while lefted the original-more-than 22.000Km tyre (Maxxis? I don't know..) at the rear.
Good grip!
Do you think it's better to change the rear too??

citycom1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 04:46:12 PM »
Mounted and balanced new City Grips today on 2016 Citycom. At 7000 MI. Turn in, ride and confidence are like new again.   
Put Diablos on my 2009 Citycom at similar mileage.  Road well and enjoyed them until sold bike at around 10000.  The City Grips seem to have more rubber and might last a little longer.
When they wear flat and turn in goes away I like to get fresh tires.  Tribal123, hope you replaced that racing slick  are enjoying a new rear by now.
FYI:  Shop set pressure at 32,35 for 180lb with large windshield  and Givi45 topcase..

PS  adding a comment here because this seems the biggest discussion of Michelin tires and pressures and impressions--    might a new thread have been more appropriate?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()