Author Topic: Parts microfiche  (Read 7219 times)

sidthesloth

• Sym VS 125 with 150 engine
    • View Profile
Parts microfiche
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »
Does anyone know where I could find an online parts fiche? I can find Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kymco but can't find one for Sym.

pacnwfoto

• gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Parts microfiche
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
Does anyone know where I could find an online parts fiche? I can find Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kymco but can't find one for Sym.

Please let us know if you find a source in Australia, or anywhere.  In the U.S., SYM/Alliance won't even sell the shop manuals to consumers.  As you said, they are available for other brands, including Vespa and Genuine, so that should be something to consider before making your next SYM purchase.
Just say NO to ugly and impractical motorcycles.

sidthesloth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
I also have a Suzuki Boulevard C50, the alloy wheels for this model are not available in Australia. By using an online parts fiche, I was able to find the parts I needed to order to enable the fitting of the wheels when I bought them. I now have a pair of alloy wheels coming, with all the bits I need to fit them to my bike.
Hopefully, my next Sym purchase will be one for wrecking, I am after a frame for a parts scooter I have in my shed, (VS150 with the 125 engine from my other VS). There is a website, I think it is called oem parts, they have online fiches, but they don't show anything under 10 years old, so no vs.

sharonfaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:09 AM »
Hi, I have a SYM VS125

sharonfaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
Hi, I have a SYM VS125 I want to sell but it needs a few parts (Plastics only). I am wondering if you would be interested in either helping me out with some spare parts or you would like to get some off mine. you can email me to sharonfaraj@hotmail.com or call on 0422216042.
Cheers, Sharon

sidthesloth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:20 AM »
G'day Sharon, yes I would be interested in working either way, what area are you in?

gitsum

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

Please let us know if you find a source in Australia, or anywhere.  In the U.S., SYM/Alliance won't even sell the shop manuals to consumers.  As you said, they are available for other brands, including Vespa and Genuine, so that should be something to consider before making your next SYM purchase.

A very accurate and enlightening assessment ;)

Globs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:50 AM »
Ha - you should try it in England!!

Even the dealers can't get the manuals, parts prices are like pulling teeth and as for engine diagostics - well the distributors are very tight on that one!!

Wonderful machines, but with their current distributors I'm not sure they'll get very established.
2011 Joyride/RV/Legrande 200i evo
2011 GTS/RV/Firenze 300i evo

sidthesloth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:03:27 AM »
OK, I have found a site that has the exploded views, it does show a quite a few sym models, though unfortunately, it does not list part numbers. It is better than what I had previously though.

http://www.easyparts.nl/index.php3

This sort of thing can assist us with ordering parts from a dealer as it will give us a better idea of what parts are able to be bought separately.
With regards to my earlier post, my wheels and all the other parts turned up. Big improvement on the bike. :)

cj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
if u manage to find one id like to know i have a sym 250 voyager with a few problems id like a maintenance /parts book does anyone have an address/tel no of sym uk

Steve_YYZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
if u manage to find one id like to know i have a sym 250 voyager with a few problems id like a maintenance /parts book does anyone have an address/tel no of sym uk

Ok, I'm not sure what exactly the SYM 250 Voyager is, but in Canada they sell it as the SYM RV-250 and I think they're the same.

Here's a link to the service manual for the RV-250 (and the GTS 250 in some parts of the world), alas, the manual with the carb version, not the FI. Hope it helps you out.

http://files.meetup.com/237291/SYM_RV250_Service_manual.pdf
Toronto, Canada

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()