Author Topic: Shop Manual  (Read 19940 times)

pacnwfoto

• gearhead
    • View Profile
Shop Manual
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
The Wolf's shop manual is not available to the US consumer.  If anyone knows of a source, or online scan, please post or PM me.

Thanks 
Just say NO to ugly and impractical motorcycles.

Glowinthedark

• View Profile
Re: Shop Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:30:34 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just following up on this topic.  I searched the entire forum, as well as online, and it appears as though the shop/full service manual is still NOT available. 

I just got off the phone with alliance powersports and they confirmed that they don't give it to consumers.  Only dealerships have the shop manual.

IMO, this is pretty dangerous.  I bought a used wolf, and the warranty does not transfer.  If I want to tune up my bike and get proper torque specs, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE without going to a dealership to do the work.  This is ridiculous.  I contacted a couple local shops and they refuse to work on the wolf because they don't have the manual.  That leaves my options of either tuning up myself, or taking it into my closest SYM dealership.  Sadly, they have horrible repair reviews on yelp, and I simply do not trust them with the bike.

What's a rider to do?  Does anyone have access to a shop manual they'd be willing to upload?  Hell, I'd even pay for it.  Until SYM is a more widely distributed bike in the US, they should offer the manual to consumers.
2013 SYM Wolf Classic 150
2005 Ducati Monster Dark 620
1982 Yamaha SR250

Los Angeles

blugg1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
Check with campurvis on this forum.  He lives in Taipei and might be able to get one there and ship it to you.  Or maybe it's available on CD over there.  Also, Ootscoot, also on this forum, is a dealer, in which case he might have one.  I got a shop manual for my HD 200 EVO from Bolwell and it was free.  Google Bolwell, see what they've got.
Bisbee, AZ
2014 Kawasaki 300 Ninja
2012 SYM HD 200

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »
While I can download the shop manual, I can't save it or upload it as it is password protected. I can however look up any specs or torque values and pass that along.
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

Glowinthedark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
Hi ootscoot

I'm going to go over the parts manuals so that I can find the exact parts numbers for the torque values. Wish I was in Santa Barbara!

Do you know why Alliance wouldn't want customers to have the shop manual? Seems rather silly. My assumption is it's to retain repair work within the authorized dealership network. Just like how having a third party do work on your wolf voids the warranty, I question the legality of this practice. I know for cars, it's completely illegal and probably the same for bikes. Thanks!
1982 Yamaha SR250

Los Angeles

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 06:39:06 PM »
Having a third party do work on your SYM bike does not void the warranty - just keep records. Warranty repairs however need to be done by SYM dealers.
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

Slow Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
I have it on CD and would be happy to lend it out. I know nothing about computers other than e-mail and being on a few forums. PM your address and i'll mail it out with the understanding i'll get it back.
I see angels on ariels in leather and chrome coming down from heaven to carry me home

blugg1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
Slow Rider, maybe you have a computer-savvy friend who could show you how to copy it onto another CD.  That way you could send the copy and keep your original.
Bisbee, AZ
2014 Kawasaki 300 Ninja
2012 SYM HD 200

Slow Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »
Well,i'd have to make some new friends-most of mine are stuck in the 60s.
I see angels on ariels in leather and chrome coming down from heaven to carry me home

Glowinthedark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
That's probably the best generation to be stuck in  ;D
1982 Yamaha SR250

Los Angeles

yozu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »
Has anyone been any able to locate a source for the manual they're willing to share?

NB0TT

• Global Moderator
  • hop on and blast!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »
I have it on CD and would be happy to lend it out. I know nothing about computers other than e-mail and being on a few forums. PM your address and i'll mail it out with the understanding i'll get it back.

Slow Rider, if you are still willing I would use the disc to create a PDF or create some kind of wiki/blog to put it on for everyone to use. Then send it back to you of course. PM incoming.
Current: Wolf 150, Puch Maxi-Luxe, Puch Nostalgia, Puch ZA VIP (pinto/dirtped), BMW R1150RT, 62 Vespa VBB

Past: 67 Kawasaki Roadrunner C2SS, Puch Newport, Garelli VIP, KTM Foxi GT-Deluxe, Kawasaki/Yamaha Jog Scooterabortion

blugg1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:27 AM »
NBOTT, you've got some rare machinery there - Garelli, Puch, etc.
Bisbee, AZ
2014 Kawasaki 300 Ninja
2012 SYM HD 200

NB0TT

• Global Moderator
  • hop on and blast!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »
NBOTT, you've got some rare machinery there - Garelli, Puch, etc.

Thanks! That's just my current line up. I've had other motorcycles in the past but always find myself going back to old 2 stroke mopeds. There's something very fun about taking a bike meant to go 25/30mph and making it go 50mph and adding on better suspension/disc brakes etc.
Current: Wolf 150, Puch Maxi-Luxe, Puch Nostalgia, Puch ZA VIP (pinto/dirtped), BMW R1150RT, 62 Vespa VBB

Past: 67 Kawasaki Roadrunner C2SS, Puch Newport, Garelli VIP, KTM Foxi GT-Deluxe, Kawasaki/Yamaha Jog Scooterabortion

Glowinthedark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 10:03:33 AM »
Hey Folks!

I've compiled every single Sym Wolf manual known to man.  Here's a link where you can download them:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!SdhQFSLA!0iQAItdD6LONY0qZkQz2BA

The "holy grail" is the Wolf Service Manual.  It's actually for the 125cc version, but fear not; the only difference is the engine bore, otherwise all the torque values, parts, etc. are pretty much identical.

You will also find other documents which are parts breakdowns of the entire bike.  I found this very helpful when needing to order a specific part, as you can get the exact serial number of what you need. 

I encourage EVERYONE to download this for safety reasons.  It's very important to have all torque values properly set on the bike, as something too loose can result in disaster and death.  In my opinion, the fact that Alliance and Sym dealers have no desire to share this (or even sell it) to riders is questionable to say the least.

Ride safe.
1982 Yamaha SR250

Los Angeles

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()