Author Topic: Getting redirected when trying to get to Sym forum  (Read 4619 times)

sidthesloth

• Sym VS 125 with 150 engine
    • View Profile
Getting redirected when trying to get to Sym forum
« on: February 23, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »
G'day all, lately when trying to get to sym forum I have been getting redirected. I thought this might have been a problem with my computer, but I see it does it with both computers and last night, I saw a caution from Norton security saying there were two computer threats on this site, mentioning a redircting. Has anyone else had this? What should I be doing about it?

Steve_YYZ

• View Profile
Re: Getting redirected when trying to get to Sym forum
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
Yes, I have been getting the same damn thing. Luckily my Norton catches this and stops it right away. But generally I have to then close my browser and re-start the browser before coming back to this site.

It doesn't happen very often thought. Recently maybe one or two times a week, but that only started a few weeks ago. Prior to that, it had been a year or more since it happened last time.

Not tech enought to know the why or how to stop it besides trusting my Norton to keep me clean.
Toronto, Canada

homebrew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
+ 1   :(

sidthesloth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
When I started this thread I was redirected when I posted. My Norton 360 doesn't stop it, just give a caution warning.
Maybe Skadamo can have a look and see what he can do with it. For me it is happening every time I come to the sit and even when clicking to read a thread.

Tinstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
Yep, it's been happening to me also and I'm glad that someone posted about this.  I've been having computer problems and just got it back from the Geeks at Best Buy and thought it might be my computer.  I also have Norton which warned me of threats and viruses and I got re-directed to a site with a naked woman sitting on a camode!  This has been happening every time I try to go to the site, then when I try again, I can get there.  Weird stuff! 
2008 RV250, Spotsylvania, VA

JR45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:05 AM »
This has popped up on me twice when I've been trying to access the site...
Be aware - this is NOT Norton... both times it has happened to me it has been on computers that do not use Norton...
Slightly worrying...
 ???
UK ( Live ) / Falkland Islands ( Work )
As we say in Marine Engineering "A plan is just a basis for change !"
Current bikes : 2004 Sym 180 Joyride, 2000 Laverda 750 S Formula, 1999 Ducati ST4, 2012 Honda CRF250L.

sidthesloth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:25 AM »
I never suspected it being norton, norton warned me of computer threats on this site.

JR45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:15 AM »
What I am saying is that the "pop-up" looks like Norton...
I got a page that looks like Norton warning of a problem - and I would have thought that it was Norton if the computers had actually used used Norton : but they don't.
That's what makes me suspicious - something that looks like anti-virus software working that isn't anti-virus software is worrying !
???
UK ( Live ) / Falkland Islands ( Work )
As we say in Marine Engineering "A plan is just a basis for change !"
Current bikes : 2004 Sym 180 Joyride, 2000 Laverda 750 S Formula, 1999 Ducati ST4, 2012 Honda CRF250L.

gitsum

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »
Sounds like using a Mac or Linux is in order, no virus worries mate ;)

sidthesloth

• View Profile
re: getting redirected when trying to get to sym forum
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »
What is a mac or linux?

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
No problems running Kaspersky PURE anti virus so I didn't realize there was a problem until I was doing an overnight shift at work and logged on. Not cool to have this kind of thing happen on a work computer.

So this limits my access.

gitsum

Re: re: getting redirected when trying to get to sym forum
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »
What is a mac or linux?

Macintosh or Apple, you know Steve Jobs and the other guys.

Linux is an alternative operating system for PC's.  There are literally hundreds of different "distros" or versions of Linux that you can install on your PC along side your windows or to replace them.

Both Mac and Linux are based on unix, an entirely different thing from Windows.  Just google it and there is a ton of information out there.

rjc1944

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
Me too on a laptop running Windows. Comes up with a "tasteful" naked view of "Emma Watson" on the loo. No damage apparent but it doesn't happen on the second login.
Perranporth, Cornwall.
2012 Sym Joyride, 1983 Suzuki SB200, 2008 Land Rover Freelander 2 or (with special dispensation from Tricia) 2006 VW Convertible.

leo.urbis

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
Thanks to the person who reported this, as it's the only way to get the mods attention.

I did not receive any errors, nor do I have access to trouble shoot this.  Skadamo will need to rectify the situation.

sidthesloth

• View Profile
re: getting redirected when trying to get to sym forum
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
I had sent Skadamo a message, but don't know if he got it. I have now lost my desktop computer. Have tried running the recovery disc but no good, computer is cactus.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()