Author Topic: adjusting forks?  (Read 556 times)

Classicters

• View Profile
adjusting forks?
« on: November 01, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »
thanks in advance for the help.

I bought a Wolf Classic 150 recently, the previous owner replaced the rear shocks and did some other mods. Some mods are great, but the suspension was totally inappropriate (completely maxed out, no sag at all). I restored the rear shocks to stock, and I'm clear on how I can adjust them using the stair steps - but I'm unclear if the front fork a) can be adjusted and b) was adjusted by the previous owner.

This is my first bike and I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, so I thought I'd check here before turning the wrong screw or something!

Thanks for the help!

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: adjusting forks?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 01:35:32 AM »
Usually the front is not adjustable on bikes like this without opening them up and changing the spring, spacers and oil weight.
I do not know of a good way to tell if this was done on your bike unless you know what OEM was.

This may help with adjusting the rear.  Most I've seen are like this.
Not sure about your Wolf specifically, but a quick google shows the Wolf Classic has pretty much this setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFqhpvzdI8Q
thanks in advance for the help.

I bought a Wolf Classic 150 recently, the previous owner replaced the rear shocks and did some other mods. Some mods are great, but the suspension was totally inappropriate (completely maxed out, no sag at all). I restored the rear shocks to stock, and I'm clear on how I can adjust them using the stair steps - but I'm unclear if the front fork a) can be adjusted and b) was adjusted by the previous owner.

This is my first bike and I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, so I thought I'd check here before turning the wrong screw or something!

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 01:39:33 AM by Tromper »
08 SYM HD200
08 SYM HD200 - Deceased
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()