Author Topic: Replaced my stolen SYMBA  (Read 260 times)

LisaRae

• View Profile
Replaced my stolen SYMBA
« on: May 27, 2021, 09:49:28 AM »
Hi all,

NO sign of my 2010, alas - and, I'm seriously bummed to have lost the Carter Bros. extended rack, since I never "travel light!"

The dealer who tried to tempt me with his 2015 SYMBA has finally succeeded... He had a lovely used Vespa, but it was a mite too big for me to handle: driving would have been okay, but, I could see me dropping it one day, if the weight/balance got away from me.  :'(

So, my consolation was the 2015 SYMBA.

It's broken-in, having been ridden in one of the last Mad Bastard Scooter rallies, maybe this one: https://www.motorcycle.com/features/the-mad-bastard-scooter-rally-london-edition.html

Anyway, it's taking a bit of getting-used-to the new machine. It feels "peppier," the brakes DON'T SQUEAL, I LOVE THE NEWER RED, the side-stand keeps the bike closer to 'upright,' and the horn is more shrill/higher-pitched. Other than that, it's lovely to be back on a SYMBA.

I figure I'll need to order some parts from ScooterDynasty, while they still have some (I had salted-away a few items from Cam/ScooterSeals), but SD doesn't ship to Canada...I'm sure I can find a work-around for that, but COVID means it might take some extra time! [I have friends in Vancouver who have a P.O. box in Bellingham, WA, but getting anyone across the border is a COVID issue!]

LisaRae

vintagegarage

• View Profile
Re: Replaced my stolen SYMBA
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
That is great news!  looking for you to post a photo..  If it turns out you need a part or two, I may have a used part that will do.  I bought most of a basket case Symba, less frame, wheels, and body panels a few years ago.  If I have something you need for your new ride, let me know and if I have it, I'll send it to you for free, with free shipping.  By the way, SD is mostly out of Symba parts now.  When you click on a picture of a part on their web site, often it will say not available.

HelloPitty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
Glad to see you back on a Symba!
I have a red 2015 as well!
2015 SYM Symba * 1981 Honda C70
1982 Honda CT110 * 2006 Vespa LX150
2008 Vespa GTS250

vintagegarage

• View Profile