Author Topic: CruiSYM 300  (Read 39785 times)

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: CruiSYM 300
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2021, 04:44:50 PM »
Huzzah!!
That's a weird bug Sy.
08 SYM HD200
08 SYM HD200 - Deceased
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
We have been having some really mild weather, for the time of year. One day it is cloudy, the next we have bright sunshine. So i have been able to ride pretty much as normal. the Michelin City Grip 2 tyres that the dealer fitted match the cruisym, if anything, better, than the original Maxis. A really pleasant and confident ride in all weathers. I am really impressed with them.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »
Love CGs on the three bikes I've run them on.
Still looking for a replacement for my HD200 though, the market dried up pretty much the day I started looking seriously.
Weatherwise, we're usually pretty close to you, & looking like that now, but we have serious flooding from the last week or so of heavy rain.
08 SYM HD200
08 SYM HD200 - Deceased
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Thoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2021, 01:19:45 AM »
I can recommend Pirelli Angel Scooter - I've done 7,000kms on a pair so far. Handling and grip are great in all weathers, although still a little less in the wet than dry, as with almost all good quality tires I've ever owned, and, unlike other Pirellis, these are long lasting - tread has plenty of depth, although I'm starting to see the first signs of scalloping on the tread blocks so I reckon 10k is their lifespan. I can't get City Grips here so I don't know how good Angels are relatively speaking, but I haven't found fault with them so far. Previous tires I've tried on the Citycom were all significantly lower wet grip than these Angels - the "Kingstone" was actually dangerously bad in the wet - backend-corner-slides like GP pro, except I was not in control and it was heart-stopping. :-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 01:24:10 AM by Thoppa »
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2021, 04:48:28 AM »
We are usually guided by what our tyre fitter stocks, or by trial and error. I tried several different makes on my Silverwing but, found that the Bridgestone hoops, as originally fitted, were best all-rounders. Living in the North West of England ( not far from the lake District) having good grip in the wet  is essential.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2021, 03:49:40 AM »
Pleased to see this thread was locked by mistake. For anyone interested in my updates, it has become a lot colder, but not cold enough for my heated vest. The cruisym is running very smoothly, I think the Motul oil is to thank for that, I had my weekly run to the coast and have to say, some of my best rides are in winter, less traffic ,and no boy racers, the farmers have cut the hedges back and visibility is much better on the country lanes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()