Author Topic: Symba Clutch repair  (Read 411 times)

toocutetoscoot

• View Profile
Symba Clutch repair
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:42:24 AM »
The Symba has a simple robust clutch system that is shared with many Chinese  motorcycles like Rusi, Lifan, etc.The service  manual is a good guide with adequate pictures, but nothing is better than an actual video. I have come across Youtube videos showing not only how to disassemble  but also how to replace the clutch linings when worn, as well as how to convert the clutch system to manual( yes, with a left hand  cable actuated lever) Only one problem: none of them are in English.But, some are done so well you dont even need audio.if you are interested, let me know.I am actually putting together an English version .I am also trying to source parts from Asia, which are much cheaper.

Jermy

• View Profile
Re: Symba Clutch repair
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 01:03:00 AM »
I'm entirely interested in that. Starting to have some clutch slipping issues and I'm having a hard time finding enlightening info on how to resolve them.

beltho

• View Profile
Re: Symba Clutch repair
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:18:25 PM »
You might try looking at how-tos on how to fix the clutch in something like a Honda Cub or CT. I had a shop replace the clutch on the Symba, but when the clutch on my Honda CT110 needed to be rebuilt, I did that myself. From what I can tell, the clutches on the Symba and CT are very similar. And while the parts aren't identical, I think the Hondas are similar enough to use those instructions as a guide (in which case, there should be plenty of videos and such online in English).

For my CT, I put in new friction disks but kept the old metal disks. On the CTs, these often have a slick glaze on them after so many years. A very light sanding with fine sandpaper helps break that up and help the clutch operate properly. My CT clutch was slipping and after the rebuild it's working great.

Anyway, just a thought to make the repair easier!
Atlantic Beach, FL
2012 SYM Symba
1983 Honda CT 110

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()