Author Topic: Wolf Classic EFI problems starting  (Read 197 times)

BB.Barrett

• View Profile
Wolf Classic EFI problems starting
« on: January 28, 2021, 04:27:50 AM »
I have had some issues with the push start the last few months -sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Then yesterday the kick start  won't make the engine turn either. also getting a flashing check engine light
Could the main issue be the battery?
A fuel line problem?
I live near a SYM dealership, so I can take it there. Just curious to see what others assessments are.

GrumpyUnk

• View Profile
Re: Wolf Classic EFI problems starting
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 11:43:06 AM »
 As far as I know, the Classic 150 has a carburetor.  Unless you are in Taiwan, or possibly Europe, the have carburetors.
 Oh, checked your profile and you ARE.
 If you mean 'push button start', not working reliably, then I would check the battery state of charge.  A '12v battery' will actually be closer to 13v when charged fully. Each cell produces 2.1V, so a six cell battery fully charged should be ~12.6v.  You can also check battery voltage with the engine running, and it should be over 13v, most charging systems running in the 14v range, possibly up to 14.6v.  Over that is a bit too much, and will cook the battery, and possibly boil off the electrolyte.
 Auto batteries will maintain over or close to 10V even when the starter motor load is present, as in while cranking the engine.
 You may not have enough voltage to run the EFI system, causing the CEL warning.  Low or below threshold voltage will likely cause a CEL to be lit.
tom
It's not how hard you work, it's how much you get done.  Vertical and above ground, daily.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()