Author Topic: New member from Aus.  (Read 1765 times)

sidthesloth

• Sym VS 125 with 150 engine
    • View Profile
New member from Aus.
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »
G'day all, I am new to Sym and to this forum. I have just bought a sym Vs 125, it seems to be a great little scooter. My main reason for purchasing this is for running to work and back. This is my second scooter, my previous one was a Kymco ZX50, which I had heavily modded, however, this one won't be modded in that way. I have replaced the engine with an engine from a VS 150, not a whole lot more power, but just enough to make it worth the exercise.
The scooter has 17,000 km on the clock, the 150 engine came from a scoot with only 1,755kms, so is a near new engine, should last a few years.
These scooters seem to be pretty well built, start and run easy and comfortable to ride. Before buying this one, I test rode a Kymco super 8 125, it was a lovely scoot, but there was not enough room for my feet and the seat sloped too much for my liking, but I must say it was the quickest scoot I test rode, the other was a Yamaha Cygnus X 125, so the VS125 was an easy choice in the end.
Anyway, hello to all from Australia.

motoc

• View Profile
Re: New member from Aus.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 05:03:08 AM »
jo from Sydney here, nice to hear from another Aussie.
Where are you from and where did you buy your Sym?
I'm about 2 seconds from buying my first scooter, a Symphony. I like the disc brakes back and front, the larger tyres and the bigger wheels.
Check ya later.
Any other Ocker Sym riders on the forum????

jo

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
Other than a slight increase in power, I was wondering why the change. 17000 km isn't much on a 125.

sidthesloth

• Sym VS 125 with 150 engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:28:57 AM »
G'day MOTOC, I am a few k's west of you, in Whyalla S.A. :) I bought the VS second hand from a Kawasaki dealer in Adelaide. I was looking for a bike to run to work on, but after riding a Kymco ZX50 for a year or so I was still leaning to a scooter for the flat floor, to be able to carry gear on. After working out what I not only wanted but needed I settled for a scooter. After a couple of drives to Adelaide to see what was going second hand I saw this one and bought it.
PHIPSD: This one seemed to be sluggish compared to the Kymco Super 8 that I rode, but I was happy to put up with that. Until,,,, I saw an ad for a 2011 VS 150, with 1,700kms, for $650. It was a write off, so no going back on the road.
I bought it for spares, and to get the engine, which after putting the engine in, I see it is just the nature of these engines to be a little lax, but that is also after riding a heavily modded two stroke. I am used to this scooter now and am accepting of the power delivery, though I am about to try some DR. Pulley sliders in it, 14 grams which is what the stock rollers are. You are right, 17,000 kms on the 125 engine is not a lot, it still runs as good as the 150 with 2,000 kms. With the 150 scoot, the right hand front indicator light is broken and the right hand mirror is gone, but otherwise is all intact apart from scratches. The engine mount bracket is bent, which has the engine at an unusual angle.
Cheers,
Sid. :)

motoc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
You're right Sidthesloth, Whyalla is only just over the hill from Sydney.
Bloody nice to hear from another Ocker. Have a nice Christmas and keep on scootering.

jo

AussieScoot

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:15:11 PM »
Hi other aussies!! I'm just up the hill from both of you in Wonderful Newcastle NSW!  ;) Hope you all had a fantastic Chrissy and have a great New Year.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()