Author Topic: citycom panel problem  (Read 396 times)

Alexsandro

• View Profile
citycom panel problem
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:14:02 AM »
citycom panel problem

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and I have a problem that I can't solve.
Citycom panel When I turn the key the speedometer marks 20km / h and if I move the wheel the panel locks at 60km / h.
the other markers are functioning normally.
Can someone help me.
thanks.

Thoppa

• View Profile
Re: citycom panel problem
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 03:19:07 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to the world's least active forum.

It sounds like the needle is sticking in position - jammed - needles can get stuck or come loose over time, to the point where the stepper motor that drives them is not powerful enough to overcome it. I got a sticking needle on another machine - I had to remove and disassemble the display to find out that was the problem. I adjusted the needle position out from the dial using a fork as a lever. The other problem could be that something has come loose and is jamming the needle. Has the display been sitting in the sun for long periods? Has it had an impact of any kind? How old is the machine?

Normally, when you turn the ignition on, the needles do a full sweep to their maximum position and then return. It sounds like yours are only turning to 20kmh and then not returning? Then they move to 60kmh and stick there when the front wheel rotates - do they go back to 20kmh when the wheel stops turning? Is the movement between 20 and 60 somewhat normal?
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Alexsandro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »
I'm sorry, I didn't put in details.
but when I turn the key, it checks the dials completely and does not lock the hand.
and only when I'm going to ride with Citycom the maximum speedometer is at 60km and with citycom stop it is at 20km year is 2013, I already made the connection of the wheel sensor directly on the panel so as not to use the bike's wires and it didn't solve it.

Thoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 10:44:54 PM »
I guess it is the Hall-effect sensor switch - it either cannot trip itself enough times per second to get to the frequency of switches needed to exceed 60kmh, or it can, and the cable has a problem sending the pulsed signal, as you guessed.

But why. Is it not picking up the ferrous bolts correctly? Is it corroded inside? Is the cable coming out of the speed senor corroded?

The cable has a double rubber protection but tiny amounts of water can get inside and will collect at the base of the cable - its lowest point - where the cable comes down from the frame then bends back up again to the wheel speed sensor mount near the brake caliper. This copper cable can corrode making a poor connection. This bad connection creates an intermittent issue and/or increased resistance, either of which would prevent the cable transmitting the pulsed signal accurately/correctly.

So, if you have the tools, you could remove the rubber protections around the cable near its lowest bend and see if there is a problem with corroded copper.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:43:17 PM by Thoppa »
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()