Author Topic: Bike died  (Read 566 times)

Mpsawyer82

• View Profile
Bike died
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
Any help greatly appreciated.  So I just bought a 2009 citycom.300i had 1 mile.  Just crossed the 1000 mile mark.  I was riding yesterday and got off the interstate, i pulled into a turn lane and was double checking directions on my phone and the bike just died on me.  So I started looking at everything, I had the cover to the battery off, and I noticed the kill switch the batter had been switched over.  I think one of the tools I had underneath thr sweat did that while driving.  I corrected that, and I tried everything after to start the bike and it won't even try to turn over.  I have replaced the battery and, I checked all.the.fuses.nothing blown...but it will.not even attempt to turn iver.  I have headlights brake lights.and horn.  Can.someone please help .me

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Bike died
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »
I guess I'd start by doing a load test on the battery.
Had a battery go "pop" a while back on one of my HD200s.  It showed exactly the same symptom.
Tested & sho 'nuff dang thing died under load, but had enough to run lights.
Got a new battery and GTG.

Any help greatly appreciated.  So I just bought a 2009 citycom.300i had 1 mile.  Just crossed the 1000 mile mark.  I was riding yesterday and got off the interstate, i pulled into a turn lane and was double checking directions on my phone and the bike just died on me.  So I started looking at everything, I had the cover to the battery off, and I noticed the kill switch the batter had been switched over.  I think one of the tools I had underneath thr sweat did that while driving.  I corrected that, and I tried everything after to start the bike and it won't even try to turn over.  I have replaced the battery and, I checked all.the.fuses.nothing blown...but it will.not even attempt to turn iver.  I have headlights brake lights.and horn.  Can.someone please help .me
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Mpsawyer82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
I should have said I put a new battery in and tried and still wouldn't start.  Checked all the.fuses.  its crazy

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 01:03:24 PM »
I would start with basics, only two things needed Spark and fuel. If you take spark plug out is it wet ? if so, fuel is getting through. Take spark plug out, keep plug lead on, Lay spark plug against metal part of engine ,tun ignition on and see if there is a spark. At least with this method you will know whether it is electrical or fuel that is the problem.

Thoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 05:51:41 PM »
How do you know the underseat security switch actually works? I would test this and the other "kill" switches such as those on the sidestand and right hand switchgear.
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 12:15:59 AM »
Kill switch on the handlebar?

Thoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 07:05:07 AM »
I think it is usually called an engine stop - is it rhs or lhs on the sym? but it also is effectively an engine won't start too right? Plus, the engine won't start unless a brake light switch works so if they both go at once.,,,
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 09:04:45 PM »
Wherever the kill switch is, it's red and obvious. Move the switch and try to start the scoot. If needed  corrosion on the switch.toggling the switch back and forth can clear up some
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:12:45 PM by Syd »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()