Author Topic: Help.... Temp Guage fluctuation  (Read 148 times)

dluberk

• View Profile
Help.... Temp Guage fluctuation
« on: July 30, 2020, 04:58:12 PM »
Dear fellow owners.

Been having this problem. When running on the highway at above 70mph for about 10 minutes the temp meter immediately jumps to the mid of the red zone and stays there until I drop the speed then the needle drops back to normal. The cycle continues. There is ample coolant and the radiator cooling fan is running. I wonder what is wrong?

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Help.... Temp Guage fluctuation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
If you're still running the OEM coolant, dump it then do a proper flush n fill (just like with a car).
If you're not..it might not be a bad idea anyway.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

dluberk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 10:08:52 PM »
I opened the coolant cap and found yellowish coolant symptomatic of rust. I then mustered the courage to strip the plastic panels apart and did a DIY drain and flush of the radiator and Reservoir. I plugged a running hose to the radiator and then to the Reservoir to basically flush everything until I only see clear water. I then fix back everything and refilled with new coolant.  It was a good experience.  I have yet to ride it but I will do so tomorrow.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:14:04 AM »
Hope it works.
If not, maybe give it a shot with a flushing solution to get more stuff out and that should get it.
Might be some kind of bleeding setup on those, I'm not sure.  The HD does have one.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()