Author Topic: 2014 SYM RV200 Fuel Gage shows two bars, when Fuel Tank runs dry.  (Read 178 times)

CarefulRider

• View Profile
Greetings good people:
After all this time, the fuel gage does not register empty any more. Previously the gage would flash on and off when near empty. Now two bars remain visible, and I'm happy as Larry in the thought that there is an adequate amount of fuel remaining, when the scoot suddenly stalls, and dies.
Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions on how to get the fuel gage to register actual fuel level in the tank again?
2014 SYM RV200 EVO, 171 cc, carburetor, liquid cooled. 9000 miles

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: 2014 SYM RV200 Fuel Gage shows two bars, when Fuel Tank runs dry.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:58 PM »
Sounds a bit different from the one in my HD200 (I don't recall ever seeing a nifty flashing light), but the basics are probably the same.
I'd have to guess at a sticky or damaged float in the tank.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

CarefulRider

• View Profile
Re: 2014 SYM RV200 Fuel Gage shows two bars, when Fuel Tank runs dry.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
Thanks much:
Sorry, I didn't explain adequately: The fuel gage comprises six vertical bars of graduated height, each one longer than the other, the longest representing a full tank, and the shortest representing a near-empty tank. As you use fuel in the tank, the six vertical bars, reduce to five visible bars; then four visible bars, and so on, until only one bar shows on the instrument panel. This one bar flashes on and off, to draw the rider's attention, that fuel is getting low in the tank.
Haven't done anything about it, other than filling up when two bars remain on the fuel gage.
I don't know how to access the fuel tank, leave alone the gage or float inside. Shall have to find out how to do it sooner than later.  ::)
2014 SYM RV200 EVO, 171 cc, carburetor, liquid cooled. 9000 miles

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()