Author Topic: Proud new Wolf owner!  (Read 119 times)

rekLES

• View Profile
Proud new Wolf owner!
« on: July 27, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »
Proud new owner of a 2017 Wolf. Found her on OfferUp for $2200. She only has 200 miles on her!

https://imgur.com/a/pCrInEv

My girlfriend named her Emmy, for that emerald green look. Sheís even considering buying her own!

Iíd had my heart set on a Wolf for the last year after a friend offered to sell me his white 2016. I held off when covid hit. When I got in touch with him last week he told me his had been stolen! Glad I found another so quickly, but it got me thinking about theft. The bike is so light Iím concerned about it being picked up and taken away in a van (apparently thatís a thing). I live in LA, so itís a real concern. Does anyone have any good anti-theft tips/solutions?

Anyway, Iím planning on making some cosmetic cafe racer mods. This is my 1st bike, so please forgive the super basic questions that will definitely be coming. Iíve been going through a ton of posts and you all seem like a really great group! Glad to be here and excited to share pics of Emmy as she gets dolled up.

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Proud new Wolf owner!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 11:44:18 PM »
Attach it with good chains when at home. Some have gone as far as sinking a secure mount over the step-through in concrete.

rekLES

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 12:18:06 AM »
Thanks Syd. I think I still have an old Kryptonite from my bicycle days in NYC. Iím an apartment dweller so I canít do an anchor unfortunately. Looks like chains are the name of the game.

doombug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »
Like Syd said, chain or wire cable it to anything that will act as an anchor. Either that or get decent theft insurance. It would suck to lose a bike but it would really suck to lose the monetary value, especially during covid.

At any rate, welcome to the pack!

Papa Bear

• Near the Motor City
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »
Nice bike !!    Welcome  ;)
Get your motor runnin' .. get out on the highway.

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/

Mr. OX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »
Looks like a nice clean machine. I definitely looked at my bike as a blank canvas when I got it.

Have fun!
2012 Sym Wolf, 1974 MZ TS250, early 1950s Soviet M72, 1967 Triumph Bonneville, 1971 BMW R75/5, 1978 BMW R100s.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()