Author Topic: Throttle Slide Damage from Idle Screw?  (Read 36 times)

brewsmith

• View Profile
Throttle Slide Damage from Idle Screw?
« on: June 29, 2020, 01:42:51 PM »
Any input on how this might have happened and how to fix? Looks like the idle screw somehow gouged the throttle slide, causing it to stick and places and flood the carb. I can't see any damage to the screw, so not sure how it happened. I'm going to try and sand the gouges down and see if that helps anything, if not I am in the market for a new slide (sources welcome!)

GrumpyUnk

• View Profile
Re: Throttle Slide Damage from Idle Screw?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
 Those should not hurt anything.  The idle hard stop screw that is designed to keep the slide open a bit was tightened into the side.  The screw did not(will likely not) move the slide up without a slight assist.  It is on a taper, but apparently the screw dug in rather than moving the slide up to increase idle rpm.
 Clean them up, and set your hot idle, but be sure to open the slide before screwing in too hard.  Nothing happens there, but you do want to make sure the rough surface does not cling to the stop screw tip when you open the slide.  If so, clean it up with emery or cloth backed fine abrasive and make sure to remove any filings.
tom

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()