Author Topic: Cdi  (Read 951 times)

jaylow

• View Profile
Cdi
« on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
Just received my brand new Naraku race CDI for my mio tried installing it and now it won't start, put the old one back in and it starts... The CDI's are identical and are both DC, so can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance

jaylow

• View Profile
Re: Cdi
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
Is anybody out there or am i talking to myself?

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:29:38 AM »
Have you asked Naraku support?

axa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:08:11 PM »
NO NO NO
SYM decided to use a proprietary wiring configuration for this bike.
Likely a money grab.
Follow the instruction and you will be able to use any GY6 CDI, mine was 3.50$ shipped from china on ebay, year and a half later still running fine.

PS.  there is NOOOO way any souped up CDI would ever squeeze any noticeable benefit, these cdi are not restricted to begin with. and say you got an outstanding 5% power boost, now your 2.3 hp mio runs like its 2.4 hp.  That said you will never bend the timing enough to get 5%.
SNAKE OIL.  but you should have known that from the name, racing cdi.

I posted about it here:
http://scooterdoc.proboards.com/thread/10732/sym-mio-50-weird-cdi?page=1&scrollTo=120765

here's a copy paste for convenience :
Post Options Post by axa on Apr 8, 2017 at 9:35pm
adding to this helpful info, I've confirmed you just need to pinch out the 12v switched wire, pop out the trigger wire and pop it in to where the 12v switched wire was and all is well.

I was going nuts never figured SYM would use some proprietary, seeming needless, CDI when any cheap AC CDI of eBay will suffice.

bonus. you can then use the left over key switched power line to hook up a regulated USB port as I did.

badmotorscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:10:11 AM »
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but this cdi pin out information is exactly what I need.

I am not sure which wires to switch though, I could really use a diagram that shows precisely which wires to change on a generic cdi in relation the the proprietary SYM MIo cdi.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()