Author Topic: Any symba owners in Los angeles  (Read 632 times)

Octavio

• View Profile
Any symba owners in Los angeles
« on: June 23, 2020, 10:41:34 PM »
Anyone wanna go ride in Los Angeles area? Has anyone had any problem city riding and how comfortable will it be to ride 15miles one way rides on it. I bought my bike on offer up for 350 which was because it was wrecked and had expired tags, i would like to post images of how it looks now but Iím not sure how to upload please let me know how to add images Iím currently on my iPad.

Jim C

• View Profile
Re: Any symba owners in Los angeles
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
I am in Long Beach. A 15 mile ride is nothing on a Symba I have taken long rides and comfort is never a problem. The bikes are super reliable and you get close to 100 miles to a tank of gas. I do ride in the city all the time and find the bike to be almost perfect for city riding except for the lack of storage. In the city a Symba is as convenient as a scooter again except for the lack of storage I have fitted a "stylish" basket on mine.

Octavio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 01:46:16 PM »
I rode it for about 25 miles a couple days ago and the gas light showed half way, maybe itís because i straight piped it and it spits out load farts that sound like gun shots. I tend to believe that it might give me around 50miles to the gallon but i think itíll be fine since i only invested about 500 in the build and in my opinion it looks pretty decent.

SymbaWal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:31:17 AM »
I live in eastern LA County. My Symba has been in storage for years. I just got it sort of running this week. Itís really choppy, probably due to the old gas and whatnot. Cleaned out the carb jets and it improved, but itís not in reliable shape as of yet.
'10 SYM Symba (light blue)
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX
'77 Garelli SuperSport XL
'72 Honda N600 (the car; 2 cyl. 598cc air-cooled)
(former bikes: '73 Honda CT90, '91 Honda CT70)

Jermy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 12:50:05 AM »
Def try a valve clearance adjustment too if you haven't already. It made my used Symba run so much more efficiently when I did. Went from around 50mpg to around 80 now.

LisaRae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »
Maybe your Symba isn't broken-in yet?

Mine is 10 years old, and just turned-over 25,600 km (14,000 miles). I regularly get 100 - 104 mpg, except when the weather gets cold.

LisaRae

toocutetoscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 03:10:43 PM »
soon to be SYMBA new owner.Where Do you buy parts? especially the wear N tear parts..cables..brakes..filters..chain.etc?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()