Author Topic: Symba Carburetor Jets and Air Fuel Screw Information  (Read 7741 times)

beltho

• View Profile
Re: Symba Carburetor Jets and Air Fuel Screw Information
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »
Vintagegarage, I'm curious if in your work restoring Symbas if you've found any sort of carb rebuild kit for the Symba. I feel like my carb could use a cleaning, but I'm reluctant to pull it apart without a source for near O-rings and such should I need them. I've had some other O-rings (like the one on the oil screen cover) need to be replaced, which makes me think if I open up the carb, some of those rubber parts will need replacing also.
Atlantic Beach, FL
2012 SYM Symba
1983 Honda CT 110

vintagegarage

• View Profile
Re: Symba Carburetor Jets and Air Fuel Screw Information
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 07:03:32 PM »
The short answer is no, but there is a longer answer.

Scooter Dynasty still has new OEM Symba carbs at:

https://www.scooterdynasty.com/carburetorforsymsymba.aspx,

but they do not show a rebuild kit.  When I was looking for the specially shaped Symba fuel filter and was unable to find one, I emailed Vince at Scooter Dynasty, and he was able to locate one, and ship it to me, even though he didn't have it listed on his web page.  You could try sending him an email at their contact page and see if he can get a genuine SYM rebuild kit.

The Kawasaki B7F carburetor for the KFX50 ATV is a very similar carb.  We already know it has a different idle air bleed screw than that in the Symba carb, but it would seem likely that parts like the bowl gasket, and various o-rings might be the same.  Compare the blow up photo of the BF7 carb to your Symba carb and make sure that it looks the same to you.  All of the parts for the Kawasaki KFX50 ATV carb are available from all of the online parts dealers, plus your local Kawasaki dealer, and don't cost much if you find they don't work.    Here is one link to an online parts house, partzilla is another:

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b5097f8700223e47963b2/carburetor-b7f

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()