Author Topic: Sym GTS 125  (Read 127 times)

Cbandy

• View Profile
Sym GTS 125
« on: June 19, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »
Hey guys. Hope someone can help. My engine is bogging when it gets to around 5,500 revs. Literally down to 20mph on hills. Iíve replaced the coil, HT lead and spark plug. Still no better. Iím thinking it might be a problem with the carburettor. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Sym GTS 125
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
Have ya checked the valves?
Checked for vacuum leaks?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Cbandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:39:10 AM »
Where are they located? Iím not confident enough to start messing around with the carburettor.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
This is where I'm at my limit.  I do not have the book on this one.  This bike was not released in the U.S. & I do not have a tech manual for it.

RE: Valves This is likely the same as the couple similar 4 valve liquid cooled 125s from SYM I do have the book for, but it could easily be a bit different, so I can guess that the valves are the same spec, but that's a guess and I'm not the one who'd be out of luck if that's wrong so I ain't going there.  You'd need to look that up.

There are more than a few videos on setting valves.  Your joymax will be a bit more involved since it's going to be a four valve vs. the normal two valve.

The Vacuum system is going to be the seal for the carb to the intake, normally a rubber boot with a clamp on these, & the rubber lines running off the carb for the most part. There are a  couple others, but it comes to the same thing. check them one at a time, replacing them doesn't hurt just be careful so you don't lose where they go.

You'll probably also have a PAIR/EGR system which will be some vacuum lines off the carb as noted above & a hard tube that runs from a reed valve on the valve cover, over the valve cover, that goes to the exhaust.
Those usually aren't a problem, but if they crack, or clog they can cause running issues.

Far as the carb goes, hopefully this isn't quite as finicky as the HD200 carb is known to be, but there are some videos on that as well.
Normally just clean the jets and you're good.  You might even get by with a carb cleaning solution like seafoam, but it's tough to say without being hands on.

This stuff is bread and butter to a mechanic, it also doesn't usually need a lot of adjustment at on SYMs in my experience but it is stuff that needs to be checked. not sure what costs and such are in your area, but it might be worthwhile checking into what doing a run though on that would be locally.  If you do handle this yourself.  I applaud you and suggest you take it one piece at a time and take your time the first couple times through.

My apologies that I can't be more specific on this one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:46:58 PM by Tromper »
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()