Author Topic: HD200 EVO LEAKY GAS CAP?  (Read 45 times)

fiddlercrab

• View Profile
HD200 EVO LEAKY GAS CAP?
« on: January 13, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
I recently bought a 2014 EVO with barely 300 miles on it. I was going on a very long trip and topped up the gas as much as I could. I locked the gas cap, but after a while, I stopped and smelled gas. Gas had been leaking from the cap. I figured that I overfilled it. Just filled up again but this time made sure to put the pump nozzle all the way in so it wouldn't overfill which worked. But then I stopped and smelled gas and the cap had leaked again (not much but some). Has anyone else experienced this?

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: HD200 EVO LEAKY GAS CAP?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:09:10 AM »
There have been some cases where the cap wears out the plastic it attaches too and won't seat.
For that hit up alliance and hope they hook ya up.  There are some threads on that. If not it's not a cheap part & it's a pain to get to so replacement's time consuming.

If it's not that then I'd check and make sure that all they vent lines are unkinked.

I'd also immediately check oil and make sure it's not mysteriously overfull and smelling of gas as well as the air filter to make sure it's not full of gas.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650