Author Topic: 2017 Wolf Cafe Build  (Read 16797 times)

Dingleberry Immenhoffer

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Wolf Cafe Build
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »
Oh yeah I feel it is worth mentioning:

If you want to reduce the number of cables running up the 'pretty' side of the bike (The exhaust side) so that when your wolf is on its kickstand it looks less cluttered, here's what I did.

-I desmogged that ish.
-I removed the choke cable from the machine and tossed it.  The choke lever on the left side of the carb is easy enough to pull with your finger, even while kickstarting the bike (Assuming the bike is desmogged so you can actually reach the lever).
-I removed the hot wire from the started motor and routed it on the 'backside' of the frame.
-I removed the clutch cable and routed it around the 'backside' of the frame.

DeepSeaWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »
How are you liking the exhaust?

Yeah I ordered this muffler up from Dime City Cycles:
https://smhttp-ssl-52908.nexcesscdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/8/0/80-1500-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-stainless-steel-reverse-cone-motorcycle-muffler-3.jpg

It looks pretty dang free-flow.  I hope it is way louder than the stock pipe.  I do not like how quiet the stock pipe is.  I want car drivers to be able to hear my niece and nephew as they are scooting down the road.  I am a firm believer that loud pipes save lives.  Yes, loud pipes are obnoxious at midnight on Sunday.  But they keep riders safe on multiple land roads since drivers can hear the motorcycle that is in their blind spot.  IMO.

Dingleberry Immenhoffer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
SeaWolf:  The exhaust is beautiful, and very free flow (Like straight through).  It is also very light. 
However, the exhaust is not yet installed.  I'll be installing the new exhaust and the Mikuni TM24 carburetor over the winter holidays.
I have no doubt that the engine will breathe easier with the exhaust installed.  It should be way louder too.  After the install, I'll be sure to post how I end up mounting the exhaust to the frame and what the new jetting ends up being on the race carb.

weecho

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 12:11:59 PM »
Thank you for the thorough notes and links.  The bike has such a different attitude now.  I'm super interested in hearing how the carb swap goes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()