Author Topic: Clanking noise/sprocket bolts/parts  (Read 985 times)

Retro Moto

• View Profile
Clanking noise/sprocket bolts/parts
« on: August 31, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »
My bike was making a clanking noise and I was positive it was the chain. After adjusting chain it still made the noise. I consulted this forum and sure enough! It was a lose sprocket bolt! Well had to take the tire off, remove sprocket and hub! (I hope I remember where all these freaking nuts and bolts go :-[) Went out and got some blue loctite and appears that it will do the trick. Some have suggested to replace the hub, but I don't see a reason for doing that since mine is in fine shape. My point here is THANK YOU! to all of you who take the time to post your repairs and issues. Your contribution helps others to overcome these challenges and saves $$$! Also, appears that SCOOTER DYNASTY in Los Angeles has many Symba parts you can order online and will order whatever you need. There are thousands of these bikes in Asia and the WOW WOW uses many of same parts. That said, no worries about maintaining my mighty Symba in days to come!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 03:58:11 PM by Retro Moto »
2015 Symba

Underboning

• View Profile
Re: Clanking noise/sprocket bolts/parts
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 12:46:14 PM »
Yep, always check your nuts!!  Or you'll end up one the side of the road in Namibia with a problem.

Retro Moto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:31:42 PM »
Wow underboning! That some damage you sustained! I think my repair will hold nicely but did have a bit of a time getting the chain on correctly. Difficulty came about lining up the chain adjuster with notches on the swingarm. Could not get them both to align to same notch. When I tightened the main bolt the chain was too snug! Finally got it to where chain is an inch of play but one side is on 1st notch an other side is on 2nd notch. Tire looks aligned when spinning and no issues so far. Suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:37:27 PM by Retro Moto »
2015 Symba

campurvis

• www.scooterseals.com
    • View Profile
    • www.scooterseals.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 09:53:30 AM »
Yes, a bolt can come loose—but on a Symba the biggest culprit is usually worn rubber dampers in the hub which allow things to twist around too much, wears the bolt holes in the sprocket carrier flange, and wreaks havoc on both bolts and the sprocket carrier flange. 
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

Retro Moto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Wow! Good thing I took care on the lose bolt immediately! My dampers where in fine shape so no worries there. Thanks for the heads up Campurvis!
2015 Symba

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()