Author Topic: Joyride 200i evo no power  (Read 416 times)

Gbrown

• View Profile
Joyride 200i evo no power
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:23:42 AM »
Hi there.
I have a 2012 200i evo that has been standing for a couple of years. I replaced the battery and after connecting it, I have got no power what so ever on the instrument panel. No lights when I turn the key, nothing....any suggestions please!! :'(

CarefulRider

• View Profile
Re: Joyride 200i evo no power
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 11:09:37 AM »
The best I can suggest is to check that the new battery is indeed fully charged, and that it is connected tightly and with correct polarity; if there is/are a fuse/s that is/are either blown or corroded during the period of disuse.

If the scoot was stored in a humid environment, look for moisture as a possible cause of electricity not flowing to the points it should.

Wire(s) leading up to and out of the ignition switch might have got disconnected.

Was the scoot actually running normally the last time it ran, just prior to being left for the two years? If not, then seek the symptoms it was displaying at that time for a possible area that needs attention.

The ignition switch itself could be suspect after the period of disuse. Consider spraying some WD (water displacement) 40 into the ignition key hole.

If you can, consult the electrical schematic for the scoot, and follow the flow of the electricity along its path after it leaves the battery, step-by-step. Eg: check if there is electricity flowing through the wire as it leaves the battery; if so, continue on to the next section where the electricity is supposed to flow, and so on, until you reach the place where electricity is not present where it should be.

So exercise patience, method and perseverance, and you should find the trouble spot. Take your time; spend a half hour each day to keep from getting overwhelmed and/or frustrated. Above all, adopt a method, that eliminates each component, be it wire or something else, as the cause, as you follow the flow of the electricity.

Hope this helps in giving you encouragement and direction.
2014 SYM RV200 EVO, 171 cc, liquid cooled
7000 miles

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()