Author Topic: Not a sound  (Read 1011 times)

figment

• View Profile
Not a sound
« on: September 04, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
I have a 2009 Citycom 300i with fewer than 2000 miles. I had not ridden it in a while, and when I tried to start it this morning, the engine did nothing...no sound at all. The battery had been on a trickle charger, but just to be sure I replaced it with a new one (exchanged under warranty). Kick stand up, fuses good, kill switch in the correct place, brake on, battery switch off, gas full, and nothing. All of the panel lights work, but nothing happens with the engine. Before I load it up and take it to the shop, does anyone have any ideas as to what I might do? Thanks!

Thoppa

• View Profile
Re: Not a sound
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »
With everything working, the Citycom still won't turn over for a number of reasons and you listed all of them that I know. The fault that comes to mind is faulty switches (they look on or off but aren't working) - my rear brake light switch broke and I didn't know it. To check them you'll need to check wiring with a circuit tester. The other fault I've seen reported is the starter solenoid - that can be removed and tested with a battery to see if it is switching or not. 
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Not a sound
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:52:16 PM »
First thing I'd hit would be the kickstand switch. 
Those tend to be part of the problem more often than not on bikes that have them.
After that the brake switches then go on from there.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()