Author Topic: CruiSYM 300  (Read 26958 times)

fulham

• View Profile
Re: CruiSYM 300
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2020, 08:09:02 AM »

fulham

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
I have a 2016 Joymax 300i from new very pleased with it , the only issue was recent non starting turned out HT cap self destructed all ok now.

atb

FFC

fulham

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2020, 08:37:52 AM »
Hi All
thanks for allowing a new member , I have got everything the wrong way round , apologies big grey moment

FFC

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2020, 11:39:42 AM »
I was nearly at 30,000km today so went for a short ride around ( in the rain). Got home and mileage at 30028km. Changed the engine oil and cleaned the oil filter. Put new air filter in and cleaned crankcase filter and crankcase breather pipe. Still to do ; final drive oil,  fit new drive belt and fit new set of rollers. Might wait for better weather to finish service.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:16:19 AM by Sylar »

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »
Been kinda meh here as well, but did do the rollers (sliders) and a new belt a couple weeks ago.
The bike had picked up a new funny vibration on accelleration so I'd parked it since I knew this was due despite it having been fine when I checked about 1k or so miles ago.
I found the old belt was coming apart & a chip in the clutch.  The clutch is still working fine, but with the chip I had doubts on longevity so I ordered a chinese knock off clutch off fleabay.
I'll try that out but will still have the old one to build out to a HiT clutch or something if the knock off ain't doing it.

I was nearly at 30,000km today so went for a short ride around ( in the rain). Got home and mileage at 30028km. Changed the engine oil and cleaned the oil filter. Put new air filter in and cleaned crankcase filter and crankcase breather pipe. Still to do ; final drive oil,  fit new drive belt and fit new set of rollers. Might wait for better weather to finish service.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2020, 01:04:51 PM »
That's the problem isn't it Tromper. You cannot see the wear on the clutch, belt, sliders etc until you take things apart. I was out for a little ride around today although it was foggy, and snow in some areas, cold, but only just above freezing, so not that bad.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
Fitted new belt and Sliders Yesterday. A lot of dust inside casing, cleaned everything up with brake cleaning spray. Had a run round today and everything seems okay. We are into total Lockdown as from tomorrow so do not know when i will get out again.Let us hope this vaccine they have got works as well as we are told it will.Stay safe everyone, it will end one day!

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »
We had a light fall of snow today, but, i wanted to change the final drive oil ( last job of 30000km service)  so had a little runaround to warm the engine up, then changed the oil. Each time i change the final drive oil the engine warning light comes on, it did it again today. My theory is, the pressure drops in the final drive, and it takes a few rides to put pressure up again.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »
Huh strange.
Your electronics must be fancier than in my HD200.

We had a light fall of snow today, but, i wanted to change the final drive oil ( last job of 30000km service)  so had a little runaround to warm the engine up, then changed the oil. Each time i change the final drive oil the engine warning light comes on, it did it again today. My theory is, the pressure drops in the final drive, and it takes a few rides to put pressure up again.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2021, 12:50:01 PM »
After a couple of rain filled days the clouds finally parted and i went for a run around on the Silverwing, just 20miles and a slight drizzle, on coming home i decided to do the same run on the Sym. All running okay( engine warning light still on). My wife and i had our coronovis vaccination shots last night ( Pfizer) apart from slight headache, no problems. We are still in Lockdown, no real problem for us.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2021, 01:25:50 PM »
I 've been managing to get a few rides in, between the snow and rain showers we keep having. The engine warning light finally went out. I have done 430km since the service and everything running smoothly. I run my Silverwing 600 once a week just to keep the battery topped up( i do have a charger) but prefer to to give the bike a run on the road. We are still in Lockdown and, are not supposed to leave home unless shopping. As far as iam concerned riding my bike is my exercise, i do think the police cars i see think i might be a delivery driver, so leave me alone.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2021, 08:59:39 PM »
I hear ya.
Ya can always tell 'em that you're heading out for groceries but are really bad at navigation.

I 've been managing to get a few rides in, between the snow and rain showers we keep having. The engine warning light finally went out. I have done 430km since the service and everything running smoothly. I run my Silverwing 600 once a week just to keep the battery topped up( i do have a charger) but prefer to to give the bike a run on the road. We are still in Lockdown and, are not supposed to leave home unless shopping. As far as iam concerned riding my bike is my exercise, i do think the police cars i see think i might be a delivery driver, so leave me alone.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2021, 04:00:26 AM »
Although in the UK, we are having some really heavy snowfalls, where I live, in the North West, we seem to be missing the worst of it. Fortunately I can still get out some days, I had a run of 85 km yesterday not much traffic on the roads and banks of snow only on the highest hills, but a bitterly cold wind, Iam really glad I have my Keis heated vest and heated handlebar grips.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2021, 09:41:51 PM »
We're getting our biannual snowfall here.
The town will shut down over the weekend but after that things should be moving towards a spring thaw.
We're normally pretty temperate around here so there's usually a day or two where riding is pleasant if shortened by the early sunset during the winter.

Although in the UK, we are having some really heavy snowfalls, where I live, in the North West, we seem to be missing the worst of it. Fortunately I can still get out some days, I had a run of 85 km yesterday not much traffic on the roads and banks of snow only on the highest hills, but a bitterly cold wind, Iam really glad I have my Keis heated vest and heated handlebar grips.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2021, 01:31:11 PM »
On Friday i thought i would go for a ridearound, tried starting the SYM engine spins but will not fire up. Got on the Silverwing ,fired first time and off i went. Whilst riding i was thinking what could be wrong with the Sym? It suddenly hit me that maybe i had not pulled the brake lever in to start up. When i got home i sat on the Sym and pulled the brake lever in and it fired first time.My only excuse is, i fit handlebar covers in winter, and possibly that was the reason, either that, or old age and dementia are catching up with me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()