Author Topic: CruiSYM 300  (Read 17897 times)

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: CruiSYM 300
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2020, 10:57:24 PM »
Sounds fun.
I've always appreciated popular places when they're deserted.

On Wednesday it was raining slightly, so I had my run to the coast. After the high temperatures we have been having recently it was a pleasant ride, I don't mind a bit of rain, recently parking here was a little crowded, but Wednesday only me here. A cup of tea, a biscuit and a nice cigar, then a pleasant ride home.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2020, 02:49:12 AM »
I took the Sym to the dealers yesterday, it was booked in because I could not remove the rear wheel. I arrived,as arranged three weeks ago, at nine a.m.  The dealer said the wrong tyre has been sent, so it could take a couple of days for the correct tyre to arrive, this, despite me having told him the tyre I wanted just four days ago. I now have to wait for them to contact me when my bike is ready.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
Well heck.  Annoying enough.  I suspect it wasn't on their agenda either if you're going to leave it there. 
Dealers (around here/heavily urbanized) don't like to keep extra bikes around since space is at a premium.

I'm guessing the tire size isn't real common in your area?

I took the Sym to the dealers yesterday, it was booked in because I could not remove the rear wheel. I arrived,as arranged three weeks ago, at nine a.m.  The dealer said the wrong tyre has been sent, so it could take a couple of days for the correct tyre to arrive, this, despite me having told him the tyre I wanted just four days ago. I now have to wait for them to contact me when my bike is ready.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
I got a phone call at three p.m. Telling me my bike was ready. New tyre fitted, and they say no problems. Anyway bike is back that is all i care about. Normally when i take the wheel off and have a new tyre fitted it costs 63, the dealer charged me 111. I suppose that is resonable. The tyre size is pretty common on a lot of scooters in the UK, it was the make i was not happy with.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 12:05:09 PM by Sylar »

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2020, 11:38:57 PM »
Glad you're back up and running Sy.
No clue as to what's reasonable for installs in your neck of the woods.
Seems to run $40-$50 with the wheel off the bike around here, so if costs are similar a bit extra for them taking it off seems reasonable.
I had someone else get the rear off the blue HD the first time around.  It was very stuck.  Since then I have no major problems taking it off.
The red one (mostly used by wife) was stuck but I did get it to concede with a large rubble mallet and curses in a couple different languages.

I got a phone call at three p.m. Telling me my bike was ready. New tyre fitted, and they say no problems. Anyway bike is back that is all i care about. Normally when i take the wheel off and have a new tyre fitted it costs 63, the dealer charged me 111. I suppose that is resonable. The tyre size is pretty common on a lot of scooters in the UK, it was the make i was not happy with.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2020, 03:18:56 AM »
Hello Tromper, why I could not get the rear wheel off still baffles me. At least hearing that someone else had the same trouble with a Sym makes me feel a little better. That is the first time in thirty years that I have let someone else do any work on any bike I have owned.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
If it's structured the same way as the rear is on the HD, & I suspect it is, the corrosion can get over a wide area. 
The folks who got mine off commented it was a true PITA, & came down to just plain lots of force and soaking it with appropriate solutions.  Which is pretty much what I had to do to remove the one on the red one.   Having had the blue one's rear off i could see where I needed to whack it and where to use some penetrating oil.  I haven't had a problem with either since then.

Hello Tromper, why I could not get the rear wheel off still baffles me. At least hearing that someone else had the same trouble with a Sym makes me feel a little better. That is the first time in thirty years that I have let someone else do any work on any bike I have owned.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2020, 07:47:45 AM »
Had my run to the coast yesterday. We in the UK are not used to such high temperatures it was 81f. I do not enjoy riding in weather like this, I prefer a cloudy day, or even a bit of rain. Today it is in the 90's in my garden,no riding today. I can feel the difference with the new rear tyre and very confident throwing the bike in the bends,160 mls on the new tyre up to now

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()