Author Topic: CruiSYM 300  (Read 15156 times)

Sylar

• View Profile
Re: CruiSYM 300
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
In my case patkin I always do my own servicing. I don't care about any warranty. You could be right in letting the dealer service your machine if the warranty is important to you. I will shortly be coming to the 20000km service, I find it straight forward and have had no problems up to date. My handbook says service every 5,oookm so that is what I do. The rear tyre looks like it will need changing soon, so the City grip has lasted as long as the original tyre ( 10000km).

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:30 AM »
I'm with you on the new dawn.

My machine is rapidly approaching the 3000Km service, really enjoying it and it is perfect for commuting with the odd longer ride, motoways and motorway speeds are no issue and when the weather warms up I will most likely use it to visit the Lake district.

Hello. What 3000km service ? It`s the 1000 - 5000 - 10000 an so on. I`m at 9000 km. In december i went to malaga from madrid with my cruisym, it was very cold, but an adventure of 1300 km in a weekend run. In 9000km the only problem that i had, was the leaking water pump that fixed in warranty. Now i have to change the rear tire ( i can still keep it easy 2000 km ) and the rear breakes pads. I`m starting to prepare for the long trip to tenerife in september. The only cruisym that will cross the ocean with driver and passager:) I have a big top case and also buyied side cases. But first in may i will go 1 week holliday around portugal.

In the UK the importer insists that the scooter is serviced at 500km then every 3000km to have the 5 year warranty. its mad but there we are. Mine was serviced today and they claimed the valve clearances had to be adjusted.

Lol, it will be very expensive to do it every 3000km. In Spain for the 5 year warranty i do the normal 5000 km service. Next week i will do my 10000km service, and change the rear tire and brakes ( they are still good for 1-2000km, but i use it a lot at fast speed ). In Spain ( madrid ) spring  has arrived so in weekend i will be doing some km, and in May i`m going to Portugal, i think a 2000-2500km trip :)

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2020, 04:30:29 AM »
Just did my 10000km service. 97 euro the 10k service ( engine and transmision oil and filter ) plus 180e to change rear tire and brakes. How much to you spend in England to change a tire including the tire ( i put dunlop ) ?

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2020, 09:35:49 AM »
When I have new tyres, I take the wheel off and take the wheel to the tyre fitter,who I order the tyre from, and they fit the new tyre and a new valve, balance the wheel, and it is  around sixty pounds. When doing the service oil change etc it just costs me the parts, oil , filter around ten pounds. I have not needed new brake pads yet. I have found the Michelin city grip a very good tyre and have them on the Cruisym at present.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:38:29 AM by Sylar »

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »
A fine sunny ,but  cold day today. Had my run to the coast, a couple of light snow showers but mainly dry and sunny. On reaching home my mileage shows 19989km, so I took the drain plug out and will leave it to drain overnight. I have a new air filter ready to fit and am using Motul 10/40 part synthetic oil.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »
Sounds nice Sy,
The weather's been improving around here as well.  We had 80 cloudy, mostly raining or drizzling days in a row this year that ended a couple weeks ago.  Still winterish temperatures for around here (Seattlish), but the clouds have turned blue and the strange burning yellow orb has been sighted.

A fine sunny ,but  cold day today. Had my run to the coast, a couple of light snow showers but mainly dry and sunny. On reaching home my mileage shows 19989km, so I took the drain plug out and will leave it to drain overnight. I have a new air filter ready to fit and am using Motul 10/40 part synthetic oil.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 29, 2020, 02:59:21 AM »
Hello Tromper. You may have seen that the UK is flooded. Constant rain every day. Fortunately I live high up. We do get the odd day where it easys off, that's when I venture out. It is not too cold at around 50f I think if it was colder this rain would be falling a snow as normal for us at this time of year. What bike have you got?

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
I use a couple different Bikes Sylar.
A Sym HD200 & a Suzuki Burgman 650.

Rain around here's been a constant thing.  This is not unusual for the Pacific NW area, but this year is special insofar as it was about 80 days in a row without a notable break in the clouds until a week or so ago.  This has caused flooding, & mudslides throughout the region.

Temps around here have been running 40's (F) during the day for the most part with a jump into the 50's last week as a pleasant exception.
Things are trending up though & I've managed some recreational riding in addition to commuting lately.

Hello Tromper. You may have seen that the UK is flooded. Constant rain every day. Fortunately I live high up. We do get the odd day where it easys off, that's when I venture out. It is not too cold at around 50f I think if it was colder this rain would be falling a snow as normal for us at this time of year. What bike have you got?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »

Happy birthday for the 20000 km :). I just have 9900km :)

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
I have been out a few times since doing the 20000km service.  Is it just my Cruisym, or does anyone else have the annoying engine warning light coming on each time i change the final drive oil? Every time i have changed the oil the warning light comes on and it does go off after about four or five trips, but it is annoying. A great day today bright sunshine and a lot warmer had a 180km ride around.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »
I just topped 21000kms today. I must say the Cruisym feels better than ever, really smooth cruising at 50/60 m.p.h. i am really enjoying riding this bike and at 90m.p.g. very economical. I have just ordered a new rear tyre as the tread is down to two millimeters, i have been happy with the Michelin city grip i fitted so, will replace it with another city grip.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:23:48 PM by Sylar »

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2020, 03:56:59 AM »
Although, like everyone else, with this awful business of the corona virus, we in the UK have been told to self isolate. I decided that riding on two wheels and wearing a helmet was, in itself , isolating. I had a ride out on Sunday as normal, but I took a thermos flask with me, I sat on a bench and enjoyed the fine day. I hope everyone gets through this difficult period and wish everyone good health.

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
Although, like everyone else, with this awful business of the corona virus, we in the UK have been told to self isolate. I decided that riding on two wheels and wearing a helmet was, in itself , isolating. I had a ride out on Sunday as normal, but I took a thermos flask with me, I sat on a bench and enjoyed the fine day. I hope everyone gets through this difficult period and wish everyone good health.

Hello :)
Unfurtunatly i`m in Madrid where normaly we can`t go out. But i`m using the Cruisym 2 km per day to go to work :)).

I have been out a few times since doing the 20000km service.  Is it just my Cruisym, or does anyone else have the annoying engine warning light coming on each time i change the final drive oil? Every time i have changed the oil the warning light comes on and it does go off after about four or five trips, but it is annoying. A great day today bright sunshine and a lot warmer had a 180km ride around.

Nop, the only light that is coming on, is the oil check every 1000km.

Stay safe and good health to all :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()