Author Topic: CruiSYM 300  (Read 13948 times)

Sylar

• View Profile
Re: CruiSYM 300
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2019, 01:00:10 PM »
Had my weekly run to the coast today, on the Sym. Weather definitely getting colder, I will be putting my handlebar covers on now, heated grips are okay but, it is the cold wind hitting the back of your gloves I don't like.I also think I will be using my Silverwing more in winter, the extra weight and power come in handy in strong winds. It has been below freezing at night now so, no riding till after eleven AM.

patkin

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2019, 08:23:13 AM »
My oil check light came on today at random some 1000km after its 1st service, checked the level and ok. It must be a sensor based on oil level because I never saw it before after going through the pre=check sequence after turning on ignition and prior to starting engine.

Right O have just investigated and my check oil light has come on 1000km since it was serviced, as it is programmed to do. So a level check and simple reset should hold it off for another 1000km
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:54:38 AM by patkin »

patkin

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »
Had my weekly run to the coast today, on the Sym. Weather definitely getting colder, I will be putting my handlebar covers on now, heated grips are okay but, it is the cold wind hitting the back of your gloves I don't like.I also think I will be using my Silverwing more in winter, the extra weight and power come in handy in strong winds. It has been below freezing at night now so, no riding till after eleven AM.

I am looking forward to buying some bar muffs at the upcoming Motorcycle Live show at the NEC. Any recommendation?

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »
I am a big fan of handlebar "Muffs", I called them covers because "Muff" has a different meaning in the USA. When buying a set make sure they will not obstruct the mirrors, I find the best have Velcro  fastenings as well as ties, I use the oil check light ( that comes on every 1000kms to remind you to do an oil check) to monitor my fuel consumption,re setting it each time I fill up. When resetting the oil light you may have to hold reset two seconds then release and press again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:25:51 PM by Sylar »

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
Went for my Sunday run (Rememberance Sunday). Did not leave home till after Eleven am as the two minutes silence has to be observed. The day was bright and dry but cold, had my Keis heated vest on, but, on switching on nothing. Had a very pleasant ride and back in time for Sunday lunch ( 4pm). Checked the vest and found the fuse on the input line had blown, new fuse all well again. Many villages still had their parades going but no bother to wait a few minutes now and again.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »
Got my Silverwing 600 out of the Garage to go for my run to the coast, ABS light did not go out after moving off, and stayed lit all the way there. On coming home light went out ,as it should, after a couple of yards and stayed out. Had a run around on the SYM a day later, must admit I do prefer the Sym now, but in strong winds, and light rain, it has to be the Silverwing.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:52 AM »
On Sunday 5th of January I was at Glasson Dock on the Silverwing, when I tried to start up to come home nothing. Completely dead no lights no ignition. Checked fuses all okay. Tried to check main fuse and  the cover was melted on, unable to get at the fuse. I have breakdown cover and eventually got home. On inspection the starter relay and the cover where melted together. I have a new starter relay and have a new plastic cover on order, I will get an auto electrician to check electrics. This is the final straw with the Silverwing, once it is running again it goes.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2020, 03:27:57 AM »
We are having quite a mild winter, up till now, in the North West UK. I am able to ride most days, the Sym is my main bike now ( the Silver wing is in disgrace I do not even want to look at it) it really is a pleasure to ride and I am up to 19000 km now so already have a new air filter and oils ready for the 20000km service

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2020, 08:56:06 AM »
Today first of February, very strong winds but dry, I went for a fifty mile run over the country lanes where I live, today we are out of the EU.I never wanted to be in the EU, and voted against it the first time. I know this is not the place for political statements but, I am just so pleased for my country.

patkin

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2020, 05:00:03 AM »
I'm with you on the new dawn.

My machine is rapidly approaching the 3000Km service, really enjoying it and it is perfect for commuting with the odd longer ride, motoways and motorway speeds are no issue and when the weather warms up I will most likely use it to visit the Lake district.

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2020, 06:47:03 AM »

My machine is rapidly approaching the 3000Km service, really enjoying it and it is perfect for commuting with the odd longer ride, motoways and motorway speeds are no issue and when the weather warms up I will most likely use it to visit the Lake district.

Hello. What 3000km service ? It`s the 1000 - 5000 - 10000 an so on. I`m at 9000 km. In december i went to malaga from madrid with my cruisym, it was very cold, but an adventure of 1300 km in a weekend run. In 9000km the only problem that i had, was the leaking water pump that fixed in warranty. Now i have to change the rear tire ( i can still keep it easy 2000 km ) and the rear breakes pads. I`m starting to prepare for the long trip to tenerife in september. The only cruisym that will cross the ocean with driver and passager:) I have a big top case and also buyied side cases. But first in may i will go 1 week holliday around portugal.

Alexhop2001

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2020, 06:48:22 AM »
We are having quite a mild winter, up till now, in the North West UK. I am able to ride most days, the Sym is my main bike now ( the Silver wing is in disgrace I do not even want to look at it) it really is a pleasure to ride and I am up to 19000 km now so already have a new air filter and oils ready for the 20000km service

Hello Sylar.
You arrived at 20000 km with your cruisym ? Wow :). How was the belt after 15000 km, did you changed it ?

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »
Hello Alexhop2001, yes changed belt at 15000km along with oil I also changed rear drive oil, it only takes a small amount so I will change it every 5000km. The old belt seemed alright but you can never tell, I will keep old belt as an emergency belt just in case. I also cleaned the clutch and surfaces, it was straight forward service and easier to do than the Silverwing 600.

Sylar

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
We had storm Ciara over the weekend,but, by Wednesday it had more or less passed. On my run to the coast on Wednesday it was hailstoning when I left home, and a few showers on the way there, but, it stayed fine whilst in Southport, needless to say I was the only one there. On the way home again a bit of hailstones but mainly fine and dry,  I enjoyed the ride in any case. Storm Dennis now forecast for this weekend.

patkin

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2020, 09:50:06 AM »

Hello. What 3000km service ? It`s the 1000 - 5000 - 10000 an so on. I`m at 9000 km. In december i went to malaga from madrid with my cruisym, it was very cold, but an adventure of 1300 km in a weekend run. In 9000km the only problem that i had, was the leaking water pump that fixed in warranty. Now i have to change the rear tire ( i can still keep it easy 2000 km ) and the rear breakes pads. I`m starting to prepare for the long trip to tenerife in september. The only cruisym that will cross the ocean with driver and passager:) I have a big top case and also buyied side cases. But first in may i will go 1 week holliday around portugal.

In the UK the importer insists that the scooter is serviced at 500km then every 3000km to have the 5 year warranty. its mad but there we are. Mine was serviced today and they claimed the valve clearances had to be adjusted.