Author Topic: Lamberetta on 125  (Read 925 times)

Doggy

• View Profile
Lamberetta on 125
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »
I have a lamberetta on 125 with a electrical fault no spark at the plug , changed the coil still no spark 🤬🤬🤬 ran out of time at the weekend the next thing to check will be the dead switch on the headset , has anyone else had this problem with this model many thanks

redridinghood

• View Profile
Re: Lamberetta on 125
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:39 PM »
Saw 'Lambretta' and thought why on SYM board...

Googled and saw that SYM made modern scooters for that company..which you already knew, I'm guessing

I see a model called LN 125 (typo on ON 125?)

Anyway, this might be useful information on troubleshooting and maybe, specs for components of your scooters ignition system...Chapter 16  http://scooterunderground.ca/knowledge/manuals/documents/SYM_FiddleII125_Service_manual.pdf

I wonder if you tested your ignition coil before replacing...you're going to need a multimeter to help avoid replacing every component and even if you did so, it could end up being a broken or shorted wire, loose connector, bad ground, etc...

Lots of videos on youtube, search 'scooter no spark' 'motorcycle no spark'
Might help give you a good generic overview

Did you own this scooter when it was running? 

Chickenthief

• View Profile
Re: Lamberetta on 125
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 07:40:48 AM »
I have a rebranded Lambretta 125 (VGA Formula 125) and this past moist winter the kickstand switch gave in and cut ignition permanently.
There is a switch at the base of the kickstand so you cant start the scoot and drive on with the kickstand down (US thing?).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()