Author Topic: "Citycom" decals / stickers / font ?  (Read 1527 times)

Thoppa

• View Profile
"Citycom" decals / stickers / font ?
« on: June 11, 2015, 12:26:39 AM »
Hi,

Someone knocked my CC over when I was at work and damaged the near side. I can repair a lot of the damage myself but if I repaint the side panel, I will need to get the side decal that says "Citycom 300i".

Has anyone had the sticker made for their scoot ? Do you know if it is a standard font or if there is a scan of the lettering available somewhere to get a sticker laser cut ? Maybe a SYM catalogue/brochure has it ? I've hunted for one but so far they are very small and not clearly defined.

Thanks,

Tom
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:51:15 AM by thoppa »
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

sc00ter

• View Profile
Re: "Citycom" decals / stickers / font ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
I sold my lowrider car awhile back and dont keep up with the scene anymore but I have seen alot of cars with OEM quality custom 3D badges. I always wondered were they got them made. I hear the Lay It Low website has a vendor that does them to order.

Thoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
There are shops here that make them but they only have the common stuff like Toyota etc fonts, so I was gonna go for vinyl.

But as it turns out, no need. Many of the scratches were in the clear lacquer so they could be rubbed down with fine wet and dry paper, some paint polish to smooth, then re-lacquered, then more paint polish. I filled the larger scratches with ordinary gloss black paint and they hide surprising well under a lacquer coat. The cracked plastic is now held together with epoxy - that won't last but it's easy to do again in due course. It took a few days to do but she doesn't look banged up now so that's all good.

cheers

Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
A magazine I subscribe to (Motorcycle Consumer News) tested and loved a glue made to fix cracked motorcycle panels-permanently. The name escapes me at the moment, but I will do some back issue research and try to find it. They say it makes the plastic stronger than before, and others have sworn by it also. I have never cared for plastic welding, so I too have wanted to try the glue myself for awhile.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()