Author Topic: Clutch  (Read 1690 times)

Jim C

• View Profile
Clutch
« on: June 13, 2019, 08:08:56 AM »
My Symba is a conversation starter for sure. I am always meeting people who want to talk about the Symba. Usually they have had a Honda Cub, or Passport and want to talk about theirs. This week I met a guy in downtown Long Beach on C70 Cub he had converted the automatic clutch to a conventional lever pull slipper clutch. He said it still had the centrifugal clutch in it and he could sit in gear at stop lights but could engage the lever clutch when he shifted up or down. Shifting is the only thing I don't like on the bike. Has anyone converted a Symba to a manual clutch? Is there a YouTube video on it? Are kits available? Will Honda parts work?

Retro Moto

• View Profile
Re: Clutch
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
Wow! Interesting question(s). Wish I could help but how about the famous couple ("UNDERBONONG THE WORLD") that traveled the world on  a Symba? If anyone knows? They will!  ;)
2015 Symba

Underboning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:20:39 PM »
Takegawa makes a kit for the z50, but I have no idea if it would fit the Symba.  https://www.fast50s.com/i-18479749-takegawa-hd-manual-clutch-z50-xr50-crf50-xr70-crf70.html  It's pretty pricey, too.  I love the centrifugal clutch, though.

toocutetoscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 03:43:10 PM »
There are numerous DIY Youtube clips of converting Symba( well..clones.) to Lever operated clutch.Most are in Tagalog.Search for "Sym or Rusi Semiautomatic clutch to conversion to manual".Videos are self explaining so language is not a problem.Ask me if you need help.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()