Author Topic: Best disk brakes I can buy for CityCom 300i, front and rear brakes?  (Read 1973 times)

bountybuddy

• View Profile
Please tell me which disk brake pads are the best I can buy for my new 2015 SYM CityCom 300i. Thank you for your help.  Ride safe and ride often my friends.
May all your paths be bright ones.

Thoppa

• View Profile
Re: Best disk brakes I can buy for CityCom 300i, front and rear brakes?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
I'm looking for a better pad for the front too and it seems the EBC sintered pads are likely to give the biggest boost, but with greater disk wear. The EBC organics get recommended too.

For me, the back brake is hugely powerful and can stay 100% stock. It's the front that is too feeble for my liking - no initial bite and no ultimate stopping power either. However, both brakes together works brilliantly.

With a motorbike, I'm used to putting the front on first to get the front tire loaded, then using the back as an extra. But on this back heavy scoot, that method doesn't seem to matter at all in the dry so the two at the same time works well. I haven't tried heavy braking in the wet yet though.
Ninja 650R
Citycom 300

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:56:36 PM »
EBC organics give strong, solid, progressive braking on the front of my Citycom. They make the braking feel balanced and much easier to use than with the stock pads. Mind you that was on my bike a 2009. I did read on 'Just Gotta Scoot' that the brakes have improved on the new Citycom's.

shoupdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
EBC organics give strong, solid, progressive braking on the front of my Citycom. They make the braking feel balanced and much easier to use than with the stock pads. Mind you that was on my bike a 2009. I did read on 'Just Gotta Scoot' that the brakes have improved on the new Citycom's.

I too use EBC organics.  Make sure you sand and clean your rotors as the braking compound ends up baking into the rotors.  I also lightly sand the new brakes as well.  Plus, bleeding brakes and adding new brake fluid (make sure no air bubbles) works much better.

bountybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 05:41:41 AM »
Many thanks to all of you for your help.  I may just change the front brake pad.  Thanks again.  Ride safe my friends.
May all your paths be bright ones.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()