Author Topic: My third car is a Symba  (Read 1088 times)

SymbaWal

• View Profile
My third car is a Symba
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:12:40 AM »
My daily driver car developed a coolant leak last night. I couldn't get to where it was leaking (engine bay is packed in tight German car, what do you expect?). Therefore, it was out of commission today, since I've heard that water-cooled engines need coolant to survive.

My backup car has no coolant either, but that's because it is an air-cooled 2-cylinder Honda N600 car. But it currently has carb issues. So, that wouldn't do.

So, before I was relegated to taking the bus (not the worst option as I happen to live near a fairly active bus hub), I had my Symba to thank for getting me around today. My huge basket mounted on the back of my Carter Bros. long rack, plus a small basket on the front (thanks to a front rack supplied by Cam at Scooter Seals) made the Symba the perfect vehicle for my Friday chores (before the rain started). The post office, grocery store, recycling center... it did so reliably, smoothly and effortlessly. I usually don't use the Symba much for running errands, just to ride around for kicks, but today it made itself very useful.

I like it when things just work out nicely like that.
'10 SYM Symba (light blue)
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX
'77 Garelli SuperSport XL
'72 Honda N600 (the car; 2 cyl. 598cc air-cooled)
(former bikes: '73 Honda CT90, '91 Honda CT70)

HelloPitty

• View Profile
Re: My third car is a Symba
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
I like it when things just work out nicely like that.
Me too!  I wonder if this will be the first of many errand runs with the Symba?
2015 SYM Symba * 1981 Honda C70
1982 Honda CT110 * 2006 Vespa LX150
2008 Vespa GTS250

SymbaWal

• View Profile
Re: My third car is a Symba
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »
I think my record is three large grocery bags plus a small plastic bag in the back rack of my Symba. With the expanded front cargo rack addition, I can probably get another small bag. Almost a week's worth of groceries in one run. My only problem is I am always buying from 2-3 different markets, and it's hard to leave perishables out in the sun when I'm inside the next market!
'10 SYM Symba (light blue)
'06 Tomos Revival
'01 Tomos Targa LX
'77 Garelli SuperSport XL
'72 Honda N600 (the car; 2 cyl. 598cc air-cooled)
(former bikes: '73 Honda CT90, '91 Honda CT70)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()