Author Topic: Electrical diagram  (Read 5812 times)

webb202

• View Profile
Electrical diagram
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
Has anyone got the sym manual and looked at the electrical diagram. My pdf copy won't enlarge to give detail. When I click on the diagram it wants to open a file called t HMA-18 Electrical Dfiagram.doc. Which doesn't appear on any Sym download site.
Cheers
John

frankiej1949

• View Profile
Re: Electrical diagram
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
Hi John
I have sent you a copy of my manual to your email address
Frank

webb202

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
Thanks for that but unfortunately it is at the same level of detail as the one i've already got. What I want to do is replace some of the bulbs with LED versions. If the flasher unit works on current drawn ( I think they are bi-metal strips) then I would need a different flasher unit as the LED lights need a lot less current (the replacements for LED lights are available on ebay from China). I have been trying to identify the flasher unit on the wiring diagram but the level of detail is too low- is the unit a 3-pin one?. I dont know if modern flasher units are electronic - if so they might still flash at the correct rate when supplying at he lower current. If anyone out there has any more knowledge!?
John

Steve_YYZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »
Ok, I just emailed you a PDF file that I think is at a better resolution than the one in the normal SYM Service Manual. See if it is ok for your needs.

Steve
Toronto, Canada

webb202

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 02:30:33 AM »
Thanks very much - it gives good detail - I can actually read the labelling and even get the colour codes for the wires. It shows as I feared that it uses a 'Hazard Unit' rather than a simple flasher. It probably has electronic current control.
John

steve_rolfeca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:37:03 AM »
There is a thread about modding the control unit to disable current sensing and restore the normal blinker rate, but it looks pretty intense. Drilling holes in the housing, de-potting, risking damage to the PCB.

Definitely something you would want to do On a second, spare module.

Here's the link:

http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=571.0

webb202

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »
Thanks for that link - your right it looks a bit daunting - if I can get a second hand hazard control unit from a breakers I might have a go - but I dont fancy messing with my own unit. Putting LED flasher bulbs in will have to wait a while. I've ordered the other bulbs from ebay so when they arrive from China i'll try them out- it may help reduce the red 'no-charging battery' light. In our British winter we need at least sidelights on for most of the time- (most car drivers are a bit dim!) and it helps to be seen! and getting stuck away from home with a flat battery is not my idea of pleasant biking.
Cheers
John

frankiej1949

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »
Hi John
Hows it going? I ran across a local scooter club the other sunday did not seem to impressed with SYM owners. Have you tried down there yet?
Frank

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 06:45:15 AM »
I have the same problem need an electrical diagram for SYM GTS 300i evo 2011
Thanks in advance

Gary505

• Ole Yeller, my Chinascoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
John -
I installed LEDs for my RV-250 turn signals and they do flash a bit faster than normal.  I don't think its an issue though, although I've often wondered if there is some optimum flash rate for human perception.
2007 SYM RV-250 15,000 miles; 2007 250cc Chinascoot 15,000 miles; 2006 150cc Chinascoot 3,000 miles

Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:15 AM »
Ok, I just emailed you a PDF file that I think is at a better resolution than the one in the normal SYM Service Manual. See if it is ok for your needs.

Steve
hi Steve. Newbie here. Can you email me a good electrical diagram of the sym rv 250 scoot: email:Jeff_jones@bellsouth.net

Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »
Can someone send me a good copy of a Electrical diagram for a sym RV 250 2010 model?

dennisgundersen

• proud owner of SYM GTS 250i
    • View Profile
    • Dennis Gundersen
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 08:31:45 AM »
can anyone send me a god copy of wiring diagram for gts 250i 2009
it got stolen and cam back with almost the hole wiring cut.
please please
dennisgundersen@hotmail.com
thank you

oldfart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »
PDF sent

dennisgundersen

• proud owner of SYM GTS 250i
    • View Profile
    • Dennis Gundersen
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
Thank i have the service manual
But i need wiring diagram In god resolution.
Otherwise Thanks
IT got stolen and alot of the wiring is cut.
Sooo i AM desperate