Author Topic: Just got a new SYM.... Best Pipe?  (Read 3931 times)

sloc88

• View Profile
Just got a new SYM.... Best Pipe?
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Hey this forum looks pretty slow. Anyone out there?
 I just got a new SYM DD50. I like it alot. I want to get an after market pipe for it. Was are some good ones for the DD50?

Also, i want to put the external blinkers inside the front. Anyone done this before?

808kidswithganja

• View Profile
Re: Just got a new SYM.... Best Pipe?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »
how much are you looking to spend on a pipe? i have a v8 which everyone seems to have, there round $180 or so. honestly i would only spend the money if you plan on putting a bigger bore and carb and stuff.
i put a stock honda elite s pipe on my bike when i first bought it, it made a big difference in the low end. Try ask around can probabbly get one for like $30. it seems to be less restrictive then the DD pipe.

the blinkers is really simple. you can buy the sockets on ebay for cheap. i think they are called 10mm wedge bulb sockets.
just change the connectors on the turn signals or cut the wire and solder it back together. i pulled the reflectors off the side of my bike and hooked up some of those LED windsheild sprayer things the ricers put on their cars. i bought them off dealextreme.com for like $4.00. looks pretty good except they only really can be seen at night.  i'll try to load a picture sometime

sloc88

• View Profile
Re: Just got a new SYM.... Best Pipe?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the info. I saw on another post that you have about $500 into your bike. What all do you have on it? Did you put the 72cc kit on yourself? I want to try and get one for mine. Also, I figure if I get the 72cc kit, I will have to get a carb and pipe as well. Anything else I might need?