Well it took awhile to get everything squared away. Right after my arrival I had to go to work, plus during lunch breaks and evenings I had to run around to get the bike purchased, insured, registered, etc.
At the same time, I was working over at my future cousin-in-law's tire shop tearing the wheels out of the brand new bike to get the tires changed out
. Then came the LED light swap, the Givi box mount and quickly almost ten days had gone by
1) On the Maxxis stuff: we still have both sets. One has about 50km on it, the other set about 70 km as first I had done the very first stage of the break-in drive, then stopped at the cousin-in-law's shop to swap the tires ( I am picky so I had done all the work myself - besides the tire mounting job)
. We didn't have any time to sell them off yet so they are still around
2) About the shock absorbers:
a) Do you have any recommendation for the front fork oil? When I have some time, I will pull them out from both bikes and will refill them again with the proper amount. I will also measure what comes out to see how uneven/low they were.
b) How about the rear shocks? They don't look like something that can be refilled so I am not sure what to do about their under dampened behavior. What is your take on them?
3) Would you please expand on the "central intake" term a bit? I am not sure which intake we are talking about.
I know that nothing was done to the bike as the local dealer here did not know much about them. Here are a couple of good stories for you:
- After the first oil change (at 50km), the mechanic only wanted to drain the oil. I told him to remove the strainer too, which looked strange to him. I am glad we did it though as there were a few aluminum shavings hung up on the strainer - some leftover from when the gearbox was made.
- The idle speed was way too high on the white bike (about 2,400 RPM), so the clutch was always partially engaging (something that is a big no-no as the bike was constantly crawling forward, plus as the result the clutch was heating up). I told this to the mechanic right away, but looks like he has never seen an EFI unit before as he started to turn the throttle setting screw right away. I told him that it is most likely that the idle control motor that needs adjustment, but he went ahead anyway. The result was the same high RPM, plus now the ECU was confused as the home position of the throttle valve got screwed up. Luckily, the Malaysian Sym assembly plant was only 45 minutes away so we drove the bike there where the factory tech readjusted the whole throttle body, while shaking his head around. Anyway, after changing the idle control settings with the scanner tool, the bike started to run just fine
Well, we are around this weekend and next one, then we are away (outstation - as they say in Malaysia) on the following one. We will contact you soon via SMS so we can work some of the details out.
Looking forward to seeing you in person, UB!
Thanks for the nice comments and hope to see you soon! Keep in touch!