Author Topic: Changing Tire on Symba  (Read 5626 times)

bpadar

• View Profile
Changing Tire on Symba
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:18:23 AM »
Does anyone have any advice or pictures on how to change both the rear and front tire on a Symba?  A youtube clip would be the best.  I've always owned Vespa P-Series, and seemed to get lots of rear flats.  They were very easy to replace.  I'm clueless with the Symba.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Fire Drake

• -------The Fire Drake------- SYM HD200
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of The Fire Drake
Re: Changing Tire on Symba
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »
Do you have to do it because they're flat or just because you want to know how to? I know all about flats from my long deceased Aero 50. I t had almost 50K on it when it died and also had tubed tires. I'd guess I did no less than 100 repairs, a ton of tires and who knows how many inner tubes. It sucked having to carry around all the changing equipment in a trunk the size of a lunchbox too  ;D

Now don't get me wrong as I have nothing against Vespa, but any two wheeler that has a spare tire on it that isn't just for show, is an experience I'd rather not relive ;) Hopefully the Symba doesn't have an issue, because I haven't heard of any SYM with one and I have over 5700 on my HD with 40-50% left and no issues.

Jeff
www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

SYM HD200 30mm OKO CVK carb, MRP no-rev limit CDI, Bando hi-perf coil, Emgo 48mm free-flow filter, MRP GY6 Type 2 stainless steel exhaust & muffler, Full LED conversion & markers, ENM tach and 100 watt amp/speakers.
Xingyue XY150T 8 (Tank Racer DS-08)

bpadar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »
No, I don't have a flat (yet).  I just want to be prepared and learn how to do it by myself. 

McBindle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »
Thread bump! 
40 miles and already a pinch flat. 

Does anyone have a manual or instructions on this? 
Thanks!

Morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
Instructions for wheel and tire removal are included in this service manual. Pretty much everything else you'd need to know about servicing a Symba is in there, too. I've posted it for download here: http://www.filedropper.com/symbaservice
It's a PDF file, about 20MB.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:07:00 PM by Morgan »

McBindle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
Fantastic!  Just what I needed.  Based on underboning's massive journey and Binh's ride to Alaska the Symba to me represents the ultimate do-all-maintenance-yourself bike.
Thank you.   

Dona

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
I did have a rear flat.
It wasn't pretty.

I would love to have that file Morgan but the ling did not work for me. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 11:19:35 PM »
That file hosting site must drop stuff pretty quickly. I've uploaded it a few other places. Hopefully they'll last a little longer. The more folks that have the service manual, the better.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/25gmoi17xhrj/n/Symba_Service_pdf

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1d9395e5.html

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/79754700/file.html

goodbella

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
Had my first flat, rear tire.  I have never had a flat before so I didn't pull over as fast as I should have.  No problems, just a little fishtailing before I realized something was wrong.  Just an FYI.  I have 1200 miles on the bike.  I will be using the tute from the manual.  Thanks for the post.

bstewart46

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »
I had several flats on my Symba in the first 2000 miles (5700 miles currently).  Since changing out the tires for Michelin Gazelles and the tubes for Kenda Tuff Tubes, no more flats.  Its good to know how to fix a flat; but much better not to have them.

goodbella

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:42 PM »
That's good to know.  I was going to order a michelin gazelle and a Kenda tuff tube but motorcycle superstore is out of the correct size tire.  So I am going to stick with the kenda tuff tubes and original tire until my next flat (I will order the tire when it is restocked).  Motorcycle superstore is local to me so I don't really want to order anywhere else.

beltho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
Goodbella,
What size Kenda Tuff Tubes did you get to go with the stock tires?  How did they work for you?
Atlantic Beach, FL
2012 SYM Symba
2009 Kymco People 150
1983 Honda CT 110

goodbella

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
I can't remember. I looked for the email invoice and then remembered that I ordered it at the store. Sorry.
Shannon

goodbella

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
My husband has been riding it to work and he got a rear flat. I had a Tuff tube on it so I'm not sure what he hit or ran over. I'll update you after I get it off.

goodbella

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
It was a torn valve stem(I must have installed it incorrectly). I had a tuff tube on hand and it was easy enough to replace.  Just an FYI, I have the gazelles, 17x 2.5 both front and rear. Kenda Tuff tubes size 70/100-17, 2.25/2.5.

I hope that this helps someone.