Author Topic: Headlight bulb change  (Read 2781 times)

thescher

• 2013 Citycom 300i
    • View Profile
Headlight bulb change
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:02:57 AM »
Does anyone know how easy it is to change the headlight bulbs?

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
Re: Headlight bulb change
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »
not easy. front board needs to be removed.
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »
Turn the bars full right and left, and look up UNDER the handle bar cowling for two holes (one on each side) with the screw sitting at a 40(ish)degree angle. Removing those removes the front windshield cowling, allowing acess to the two screws holding the front center cover on. After removing those two screws you have to pull UP/them SLIGHTLY TOWARDS you on the center cover to remove it ("hooks" on). That will reveal 3 gold(ish) 10mm bolts. Remove them. Then you have six screws on the inner shield. And two more hidden in the radiator area. Put a towel over the front fender to avoid scratches, and you can rest it there while unplugging the bulbs.Reverse for re-assembly.

shoupdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »
Turn the bars full right and left, and look up UNDER the handle bar cowling for two holes (one on each side) with the screw sitting at a 40(ish)degree angle. Removing those removes the front windshield cowling, allowing acess to the two screws holding the front center cover on. After removing those two screws you have to pull UP/them SLIGHTLY TOWARDS you on the center cover to remove it ("hooks" on). That will reveal 3 gold(ish) 10mm bolts. Remove them. Then you have six screws on the inner shield. And two more hidden in the radiator area. Put a towel over the front fender to avoid scratches, and you can rest it there while unplugging the bulbs.Reverse for re-assembly.

not too bad once you get used to it.  if you don't fully unplug the wires and remove the cowling, remember to put a towel on the front wheel fender/mudguard so as not to scratch either fairing

Tabby

• View Profile
    • Negative Image Scooter Club
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »
I've done mine, it's not too bad. Just make sure you get all the screws. If you go to the general discussion section of this forum under SYM links there is a service manual download available. I believe it shows how there. At least it does in the one I have. Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:07:39 PM by Tabby »
2009 Citycom 300i, 1986 Goldwing Interstate

hualalai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
The service manual, in Chapter 13, in the section about removing the Handle Front Cover (different from the "Front Cover"), does not clearly show the two cowl-release screws accessed through the handlebar under (lower) cover.  The photo is black on black.... but look for a hole in the underside of the cover and within the hole, L and R sides, you will see a screw mounted on a red bracket.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:38:04 PM by hualalai »