Author Topic: 2006 Sym Mio Derestriction  (Read 2312 times)

o_o

• View Profile
2006 Sym Mio Derestriction
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:36:52 AM »
Hello,

I have seen the other de restriction posts on this site and other sites and I have removed the black rubber 'boot' in the airbox, I had a look behind the variator and saw no 'ring' I also had my neighbour (an engineer) have a look and he saw nothing on there either. Is this model fully restricted by cdi unit? Top speed (normally) 57kmh Top speed (tail wind) 60kmh

Thanks.

o_o

• View Profile
Re: 2006 Sym Mio Derestriction
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:56 AM »
Everyone died?

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
I don't think everyone died yet...
The Mio does not have a restricted CDI, just the washer (green plastic) between the variator halves. And the air box rubber boot and white paper prefilter at the air box intake.
It's a 50cc so top speed around 35mph
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

o_o

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »
Only had the black rubber boot inside airbox no washer between variator.. strange

robot_surgeon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:22 AM »
I'm not convinced the white prefilter pack and the rubber boot offer any gains. The rubber boot may even be a tuned snorkel to reduce noise. I've stuffed a paper shop rag back into the spot where the pack used to reside. It doesn't really look like that chamber connects to anything.

I'm contemplating a different final drive gear ratio, perhaps from a Mio 100. I think I can pull a taller ratio since I am redlining 8800 rpm around 63 kph.

axa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 07:43:55 PM »
I don't think everyone died yet...
The Mio does not have a restricted CDI, just the washer (green plastic) between the variator halves. And the air box rubber boot and white paper prefilter at the air box intake.
It's a 50cc so top speed around 35mph

just to clear this up, the green ring preventing the variator from constricting is the only real restriction ive heard of on this particular bike.
that white filter is part of the EEC evaporative emission control system.
the rubber boot in the airbox is part of the PCV positive crankcase ventilation system.
Both which do little compared to the ring.

Now if you want to consider the either of these contained in the airbox restricts the intake and robs vacuum i have no problem with that.