Author Topic: Clutch nut  (Read 4272 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
Re: Clutch nut
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 06:12:15 PM »
The dreaded "shudder noise". Also known as a Helix squeal. Yes, de-glazing the clutch shoes and cleaning/sanding the inside of the bell makes it go away. My wife thinks its funny sounding, like Im doing a little burnout from the lights. While you are in there check your belt width. Mine still squealed after being cleaned-only to find my belt 2mm UNDER spec! The new belt makes it run like new, to bad it looks tired and every panel rattles. Still one of the best scooters I have owned so far.

shoupdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 07:18:30 PM »
yep, already changed the belt.  no other shudder or noise after the deglazed the bell and clutch pads this weekend.  have done it on a vespa as well as a buddy's burgman, plus on my my TMAX.  having impact gun and you're own clutch holder tool makes it easy!

Thosoneill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 04:30:15 PM »
Yup, 19mm did the trick and it was easier than the Fiddle Dr Pulley install for some reason.  Kiwiscoot's picture-based tutorial on the other forum was helpful as was the service manual for the right torques.  I did as you suggested and double up'ed on the settings and put some blue loctite.
Just a thought why double up the recommended torque settings and is blue Loctite necessary

trying59

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 11:13:32 PM »
Yup, 19mm did the trick and it was easier than the Fiddle Dr Pulley install for some reason.  Kiwiscoot's picture-based tutorial on the other forum was helpful as was the service manual for the right torques.  I did as you suggested and double up'ed on the settings and put some blue loctite.
Just a thought why double up the recommended torque settings and is blue Loctite necessary
lack of loctitie is the reason I believe Kiwiscoots citycom toasted it's self .  One of the  nuts wasn't torqued right and worked lose leading to  Mega damage that cost $$$ to repair .  he and the city parted ways because of it . 

Loctitie is cheap insurance for any bolt .   I bought a elite 80 from a guy whom change out the tire before I bought .  He failed to torgue down the front axle nut and didn't loctite it .   It did seem ok and not lose at all but the force of the front drum brake caused it to lossen up just a little.  This allowed the drum to rotate past it's bump stop .  That lead to front brake lock up when the wheel was turned left and the brake was applied.  Then down i went  and Ow Ow Ow  I said .  So I recommend Loctiting bolts and nuts .  As long as you the one that doesn't need heat to get it off it s cheap insurance against damage etc.