Author Topic: just bought 2009 fiddle ii 50  (Read 1313 times)

viper0463

• View Profile
just bought 2009 fiddle ii 50
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
Hi all, I just bought a 09 fiddle ii 50 with 180 miles on it for $800. I think it was a good price. I'm currious about the cdi on it. Where do you get a unrestricted one? Is it a dc or ac cdi? It's a 4 stroke so I'm assuming it's a gy6 50cc engine is that correct?  I figure once I get around 1000 or 1500 miles on it I will look into taking off the restrictions. If u understand correctly there is a screw in the carb that needs removed,  a piece or 2 in the airbox, a washer in the variator and, a restrictor in the exhaust is that correct? Is there anyone who has pictures or a video on the process of taking all those out? Once that is done will I have to change the jets on the carb? I'm heavy around 240 what should I do about variator roller weights? What clutch springs? What contra spring? I'll most likley have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks all

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: just bought 2009 fiddle ii 50
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »
Just curious why you did NOT select at least a 125cc scooter that would be more suitable for your expectations?  Performance enhancements generally reduce engine longevity.

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
Re: just bought 2009 fiddle ii 50
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:14 AM »
The Fiddle ll can gain a little by de-restricting but will not get much above 40mph. The AC cdi from a Fiddle 125 will work. The washer from the variator and the air box restricter should be removed - pictures should be on this thread. I agree with tortoise, performance upgrades shorten life of scooter - we don't sell 50cc bikes for that reason
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!