Author Topic: Is the RV300 being sold in America?  (Read 2088 times)

bountybuddy

• View Profile
Is the RV300 being sold in America?
« on: March 16, 2014, 07:19:05 PM »
It looks like the RV300 in not being sold in America.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  I saw some pictures of it and it sure looked nice.  I'm pretty sure the RV300 is being sold in Canada.  The main reason I want it is it would be better riding two up on than the RV250.  Thanks in advance.  Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.
May all your paths be bright ones.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
Re: Is the RV300 being sold in America?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
It looks like the RV300 in not being sold in America.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  I saw some pictures of it and it sure looked nice.  I'm pretty sure the RV300 is being sold in Canada.  The main reason I want it is it would be better riding two up on than the RV250.  Thanks in advance.  Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

No not in the US.

Be Big,
AMAC

bountybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
Such a shame.  I saw an RV300 model that had it's turn flashers on the front of the mirrors.  Much better visibility.  I think it was EFI to.  The RV250 in other parts of the world is also EFI.  Good chance they sell them up in Canada.  The RV300 would be a perfect scooter for me and my wife. 
May all your paths be bright ones.

Globs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
Such a shame.  I saw an RV300 model that had it's turn flashers on the front of the mirrors.  Much better visibility.  I think it was EFI to.  The RV250 in other parts of the world is also EFI.  Good chance they sell them up in Canada.  The RV300 would be a perfect scooter for me and my wife.

However those mirrors are rather useless as actual mirrors - I removed mine and spent 20 on eBay and screwed in some regular ones on the handlebars. MUCH better.
2011 Joyride/RV/Legrande 200i evo
2011 GTS/RV/Firenze 300i evo

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »
The RV 300 was sold briefly in Canada several years ago, but with the new distributer we get the Citycom, the HD 200 and the Mio 50. Also the Wolf 150 and the Simba. However finding a SYM at a dealer locally is the trick. One dealer told me that they weren't really interested in SYM because they were a Yamaha dealer. They have a non-current Wolf and HD 200 in stock. That's it.

The other dealer mainly sells Chinese bikes, scoots and quads. They have one Mio 50 in stock. I spoke to my local Suzuki dealer where I bought a new V-Strom and he told me he knows SYM's are excellent bikes, but he looked into it and it would be too difficult to actually get bikes.

Lucky for me my SYM runs like a train and looks set to run for many years more; so I'll be keeping it. As far as buying another; I would have to see some kind of serious effort at distribution first.