Author Topic: Mio starts runs then dies  (Read 2044 times)

buddyearl

• View Profile
Mio starts runs then dies
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
I have a 2011 Mio 50.  I start it and it runs fine then after about 15-20 seconds it dies.  It will start again but does the same thing.  I've cleaned the carb.  It has gas flow and spark.   Any suggestions?
Thanks

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Mio starts runs then dies
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
Does unplugging the carb enricher connector on a cold engine make any difference?  Have you checked valve lash and tested cylinder compression?  As a dealer, you already know the drill . . fuel, compression, and spark.

buddyearl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Not a dealer for SYM.  What's the correct valve lash for a Mio 50?

buddyearl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »
Compression 200.  Unplugged enricher.  New carb.  Starts idles for about 15-20 seconds then dies. 

housedadtrains

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
Ceck for vacume leaks on the pipe going to the petcock. also the vacume going to the airbox. a leak in any of thee will cut of you fuel temporarily.

Also you can clean the petcock out. as it fails you get bits of rubber in the fuel. you can see this in the fuel bowl under the carb. you can take the choke unit out. put it on a piece of white paper. mark the end of the valve on the paper, connect 12vdc to the choke to see if it is opening and closing propperly. i know my mio wont start if the plug gap isnt spot on.