Author Topic: Anyone had any luck de restricting fiddle ii 50  (Read 4617 times)

ozzy

• View Profile
Anyone had any luck de restricting fiddle ii 50
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
I just bought a Sym Fiddle ii 50cc with 100km on the clock. I love the bike but its just soo slow! it barely touches 30mph. so my question is has anyone had their fiddle ii de restricted?
Iv already removed the washer in the variator and the nut in the carburetor but thats only gone from 28MPH to hardly 30MPH.
My bike is also eating alot of fuel for a 50cc its done only 77 miles to the galon, im pretty sure that figures right for the 125cc and not for 50cc.

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
Re: Anyone had any luck de restricting fiddle ii 50
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
There is also an air restrictor in the air filter box. I put a 150cc CDI from an old Znen chinese bike in it and managed to get it up to 40mph.
While you were in the variator removing that green plastic washer, maybe shoulda put a little heavier roller weights in there...
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

ozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »
Could you plz give more info on the air filter restriction because iv looked at it and i know the air filter is tiny and the plastic is bigger but surely that cant be the restriction can it?
I have also looked at the spark plug which is now really obviouse that the scooter is drinking more fuel than it should be.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:34:13 PM by ozzy »

ootscoot

• View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
I would take a pic, but I don't have any 50cc bikes right now...
The restrictor is black flexible plastic - sort of J shaped, glued inside rear of the airbox. I just pull it off, the glue is like rubber cement

ozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
Iv had a look in the airbox again and the only pipes in and on the airbox is the one that suck in the air into the airbox then through the filter into the only pipe which goes into the carburater and another pipe that comes of the fat Pipe which goes to the carburater. This small pipe goes around and into something and that has a little see through pipe which is attached to the small pipe so it becomes two way, this pipe has a blocker on the end of it.

ootscoot

• View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
Those smaller "pipes" are part of the smog stuff - best just left alone. Probably no restrictor in there as it's pretty obvious.

sympleLife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
This is probably a bit simple, but it worked for me... I just bought one with 3000 on the clock, never having owned a scooter in my life, and everything looked OK. I was cruising around for a week or so thinking Geez this is a bit slow... but then checked the air pressure in the tyres. Pumped them up from about 8psi!!! to the 32psi recommended on the tyre - and the difference is, not surprisingly, amazing.

Easily gets to 60kph/35mph on the flat, whereas I was luck to get to 50kph beforehand (lucky to go around corners too thinking about it?!)

ozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
Right just to update everyone interested in de-restricting their Sym Fiddle ii 50cc 4 stroke scooter, due to work and lack of spare time it has taken more time than i thought.

So now i have finally de-restricted my scooter and here is how.

1) Buy a de-restricted CDI i bought my one of ebay for 42 including postage, it is a 6 pin DC CDI and not AC which you will find to be abit more expensive than an AC CDI.

2) Remove the washer of the Variator Pulley as is standard and alot of information availible online.

This may help

How to derestrict a scooter/moped

3) There is a Nut in the Carburater which is easy to remove. You will need to remove the seat for more space. Unscrew the 2 screws on the top of the carburater, there will be the lid and a spring which will come of with the carburater (be careful as you will need to replace that) on the lid you just took off you will see a nut, that nut needs to be removed. After you have done that you then need to replace the carburater with the spring.

The scooter now goes upto 38 - 39 MPH and i believe that this may be faster if i re -jet the main jet and new rollers are put on. However with the London traffic this is now perfect for me personally.

I must say i found it rediculous that Sym Dealers wanted 149 to do a simple job like that, the final cost of everything 42.

orangefish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
SYM Fiddle II 50 / Symply 50cc unrestricted cdi's are just $38.90 with free worldwide delivery

I saw them here

http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=1097
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:59:10 PM by orangefish »