Author Topic: changing my sym RV250  (Read 2857 times)

telemark1qc

• View Profile
changing my sym RV250
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:29:50 PM »
Hi folks,

After owning two different sym scooters I am leaving the brand for a Burgman 400. I really liked the brand but unfortunately here in Canada the brand is not realy present anymore. I wanted to update my ride to a 400cc but sym canada is not importing this model. Tomorrow I will sign my contract to buy my brand new burgman 2013.

I want to thank you all for your helful remarks. I would like to ask the moderator to remove my name from the forum.

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
Re: changing my sym RV250
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
All the best and of course I'll see you in a few months anyways neighbor!

Globs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
I may yet do the same thing, SYM backup in the UK is rather poor, even getting a technical manual is impossible :(.

And yes, I have had a very good look at the Burgman 400, and the spares, backup and available accessories are second to none. Service intervals are a useful amount longer too.
2011 Joyride/RV/Legrande 200i evo
2011 GTS/RV/Firenze 300i evo

Tinstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »
Good luck with that new scoot.  I have considered doing the same, but my RV250 is just doing so well!  I may get a 400, but I think that if I do, I'll keep the RV250 also.  I would love a SYM 400, but I just don't know if they will ever make it to the USA (although I heard maybe next year) and my dealer stopped carrying SYM.  There are no dealers close to me at this time, and I pray that someone will become one before too long.  Anyway, be safe out there!
2008 RV250, Spotsylvania, VA

telemark1qc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
Thank you all,

Your remarks make my decision more easy to take. I do not regret the time I rode a Sym. They are great and this forum is even greater. I will keep visiting the forum.

Be safe and enjoy life on two wheels

Tinstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »
Let us know how you like the Bergman!

ootscoot

• Another Dealer hard at work...
    • View Profile
    • ootyscooters.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
The Burgman is one very fine ride - I know your'e gonna have many miles of smiles!
Ooty's Scooters - Santa Barbara, CA.
SYM Dealer, SYM rider, SYM owner - got them all!

telemark1qc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »
I will get my new Burgman by the end of march. Hopefully winter will be over and I will be able to ride it. If it is allowed to talk about another brand I will gladly write a brief review.

Be safe

slipster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
Good luck with that new scoot.  I have considered doing the same, but my RV250 is just doing so well!  I may get a 400, but I think that if I do, I'll keep the RV250 also.  I would love a SYM 400, but I just don't know if they will ever make it to the USA (although I heard maybe next year) and my dealer stopped carrying SYM.  There are no dealers close to me at this time, and I pray that someone will become one before too long.  Anyway, be safe out there!

I agree with Tinstar.  I can't part with the RV250. For me it is easy to work on because it is well engineered. I personally haven't had any problems with finding parts. After the few Mods that I made I can ride along side the big Burgmans with no problems anywhere. I bought a 1994 BMW K75S for my 2nd Bike for long excursions and have found that bike to also be built very well and easy to maintain. I hate seeing the SYM bad marketing and support in the US and hope that it gets better for those here on the forum that need technical support. My last observation for what it is worth is that I ride a Scoot for that specific experience and IMHO a Scoot over 250cc's diminishes that experience. I ride the Kbike and it is a great ride but the SYM is the better fun factor if I can put a word on it. Ride safe and enjoy your Suzuki  :)
2009 SYM RV250 modified
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100

telemark1qc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
Hi,

I completely share your opinion about the RV250. You are right they are well engineered.  They are fully capable for interstate use. But, there is a problem in finding dealers in Canada, at least in Quebec (one on the ten canadian province). Parts are still available but I do not know about the speed of delivery. Last year, I had to wait for a month and a half in order to receive my topcase rack. I decided to move toward a popular brand here in Quebec because I wanted a 400cc. The SYM 250 was a bit weak for two for the steepy hills of the montains regions. But I would recommend this scooter for anyone that is close to a dealer. I am not a handy mecanics therefore I do need to have the service done. And the SYMhas to be serviced very often.

Anyway be safe and enjoy the roads

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »
According to the new distributer better days are on the way for the SYM brand in Canada, but it is going to take time. If we don't get the MaxSym400 in North America somebody needs their head examined. The Burgman is the most popular scoot out there on this side of the pond.

Oh and please make it the MaxSym with ABS:)

slipster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:23 AM »
I must be fortunate and got a good one Telemark as I do not have to service my SYM "very often".  Just oil and air in the tires. Put permanent Anti Freeze in. Nothing more than usual. :)
2009 SYM RV250 modified
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100

Tinstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
I am so fortunate in that, although I no longer have a dealer close to me, I have a very good motorcycle/scooter mechanic just a few miles down the road...and he keeps my SYM RV-250 in tip top shape!  My car mechanic recommended him to me and they are almost side by side.  He just did some routine maintenance for me and when I picked up my scoot, it looked brand new and ran like a new one as well!  Mike takes great pride in his work and he doesn't rip me off either!  We have become friends and I can count on him.  He also does body work, paints, does lots of work for insurance companies...just all around great!  I wish the same for everyone because finding someone like Mike is not easy.  I looked for years!   :)

hooper117

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »
Tinstar,
If your still on forum. I might need advice  from your mechanic.
I also live in Virginia. (Springfield)

My RV-250 scoot has been in the shop for 2 weeks.
The mechanics are stumped. Have a performance issue