Author Topic: Service Manual  (Read 6049 times)

smitty

• View Profile
Service Manual
« on: October 04, 2008, 03:02:40 AM »
Hey Guys, has anyone been successful in getting a service manual for the Rv 250, i down loaded the owners manual and parts manual off the sym web site, and understand to get the service manual we need to provide the vin number. i hav'nt called carter yet, anyone know how much they cost?
                                                                                                                         Smitty

Pip

• View Profile
Re: Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »
Hi Smitty

I have done the same as you, downloaded the owners manual from Syms' web site. As for the service manual I did hear that someone managed to get one from e-bay, but I have never seen one there. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I know how frustrating it can be if you don't get any sort of response to questions.
If you manage to track one down, please let us all know here.
Pip

smitty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply Pip, i got on the carter sym web site, found a phone number, called and they emailed me the service manual all 200 plus page in about 2-3 min.'s, free, was i surprised.......................Smitty.

pcb_rv250

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
Hey Guys, has anyone been successful in getting a service manual for the Rv 250, i down loaded the owners manual and parts manual off the sym web site, and understand to get the service manual we need to provide the vin number. i hav'nt called carter yet, anyone know how much they cost?
                                                                                                                         Smitty

I downloaded the Bolwell Firenze service manual from an Australian website.  It is the same scoot as the Sym GTS 250/RV250 just rebranded for Austrailia.

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/files/folders/bolwell_sym_pgo/entry29619.aspx

Pip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 09:46:05 AM »
What a great bunch of guys you are!!!
I haven't used my scoot during the winter and so I thought that I'd better start it up............IT DIDN'T !!
It made a grating noice, it was as though the starter motor wasn't turning.
I telephoned my local dealer and he told me to 'bring it in', I did explain that as it didn't start I would find that a bit difficult. He told me that he would arrange some transport...after a week no contact with this dealer...I was  not happy.
I then checked on the scoot again and found that there was no ignition lights on when I turned on the key, I assumed that the battery was totally discharged. On lifting the seat, the light inside was so dim that I was convinced that the battery was totally gone.
I'll charge it up, I thought....where the dickens is the battery housed...thanks to you great bunch of guys I found it, charged it and STARTED IT. A bit reluctant to begin with, but with success.
Do you realise that if my local dealer had been any good at his job I would be out of pocket by now.
The moral of this story is to trickle charge your scoot if left idle for any length of time (I know that's what the manual says, but you only read them when something goes wrong...it's a man thing!).
Can't thank you all enough, happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pip

jim63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »
I would suggest getting a "battery maintainer", cost about $20-$50 depending what brand and where you buy it. I bought a Wal-Mart one for $20, 1.5 amp. It comes with a harness to can attach to your battery with a plug on it. If you plan to store your scooter for a few weeks, all you have to do is plug it in. It is a plug-n-play deal, wont over-charge the battery like some trickle chargers can. Batteries that fully discharge run the risk of losing alot of there potential capacity, or even having a cell possibly go bad.

Pip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »
Thanks for the info Jim, will see if I can track one down here in the UK
Pip

Pip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 01:08:09 AM »
I managed to purchase a 'Battery Optimiser', as they are know in the UK. I bought the one that is recommended for smaller motorbike batteries, but is not the cheapest, it's the Opimate4.  I paid just under
Pip